shape
carat
color
clarity

Cellososweet and others who play instruments - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I played cello for 10+ years growing up and haven''t played in maybe 2-3 years now (so hopefully I still have some of my muscle memory left!). I''ve recently thought of doing something for myself and I''m between horseback riding lessons (also something I did for 10+ years) and cello lessons. Now, I already have a cello and don''t have a horse, so I figure lessons will be cheaper and probably more manageable considering my crazy work travel schedule. Anybody know the going rate for private string instrument lessons? Horses are maybe $55 per half hour, so if it''s the same price, I''ll have to think more carefully about which I choose (because I *can* play the cello by myself, but I need to take lessons in order to ride). I also don''t know if spending $55 per week is a good idea right now (bad economy, wedding planning, and all), so I hope to get cheaper cello lessons than that.

My question is, how should I go about finding a cello teacher? I''ve found one online who had 13 years of experience ... and I just feel weird going to someone who has barely played more than me! It''s harder than I thought to find someone to teach an advanced adult, rather than a beginner kid. How would you go about finding a teacher? For reference, I live in Danbury, CT. I would prefer someone who could come to my home, but I could go to the teacher if they were convenient. Growing up a private teacher was suggested to me, so now I have no idea how to go about finding one.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure about the going rate or anything like that, but I do know that one possible place to look would be a local university music department. I took private voice lessons from a voice professor; I imagine that a similar arrangement could be made with a string professor or teaching assistant.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:05:52 PM
Author: misskitty
I''m not sure about the going rate or anything like that, but I do know that one possible place to look would be a local university music department. I took private voice lessons from a voice professor; I imagine that a similar arrangement could be made with a string professor or teaching assistant.
Ooo, good idea! I live less than 1/4 mile from Western Connecticut State University and I''m sure they have some kind of music program. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results