shape
carat
color
clarity

Cell Phone Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
If you and your SO both have a blackberry or iPhone, how much is your plan a month if you don''t mind me asking? I am trying to compare how much the Verizon v. AT&T plans would cost us.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI and I just priced out some Blackberry and regular phone prices, so I''ll see if I can remember. With a family plan that included two blackberries and some text messaging, it was around $140 a month. For two regular phones plus some text messaging it was about $90 per month. Both of those plans were through Verizon.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Sarah:
DF and I are in Canada, but we both have BB''s and we pay 50$ a month for the both of them. We had been with our carrier a very long time, and when we switched over to BB''s they wanted to raise our plan to around 100$ a month.. but we very sternly told them that we had been customers of theirs for nearly 10 years and that should count for something, and we got them down to 50$.
If you are already with a carrier, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate! Nothing is ever final! Always ask to talk to the manager/customer retention dept!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Mark and I have iPhones and our monthly bill is right around $160.00 before our corporate BoA discount, around $140.00 after.

Now, we also have unlimited texting and a pretty healthy minute package...so those are all flexible depending on how you use your phone which would make the bill far lower.

The things I love about AT&T is first and foremost, the iPhone. I wouldn''t have AT&T and own another phone. I tend to have a short attention span when it comes to my phones (I get bored easily) but with the iPhone you can always download a new app and suddenly it becomes fun again! I love it!

Browsing the internet on the iPhone is great too...very easy to use! I often Pricescope on the phone, and it isn''t complicated or frusterating like I''ve noticed with my other smartphones.

My "not so hot" feelings about AT&T is that the service isn''t always fantastic. But, if you turn off the 3G its more consistant.

My vote is the iPhone if you''re looking for something fun, interesting, and still practical.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
DH has an iphone and i have a BB, which i love to death.
we have text messages and a ton of minutes and we pay around $120-130 every month, i believe. closer to $130 when i download stuff to my phone.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks for your replies! I will go to FI with this info. And Italia, that iPhone sure is tempting..
18.gif
. I mean I think the Crackberry seems really cool..and I need something that can browse the internet and check e-mail better than what I have right now (a voyager), but wow..to have my iPod and phone all in one place.
30.gif
Did I mention my iPod is semi-dying as in since it''s 4 and a half years old it doesn''t really charge all the way or last as long anymore so I need a new one anyway? Ahhh I''m already justifying it..
3.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I have iPhones. 200 texts each per month, 800 minutes [free after 9pm, free calls to each others, and rollover], and the bill is $120 per month including taxes.

WE LOVE THEM! We cannot function without them, ha ha!
31.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
4 lines, 2 IPhones, 1100 anytime minutes, free nights,weekends,family and rollover for 150 per month. We also have a corporate discount. We don't have any txt plan but i think we're getting one as we're paying an extra 30-40 every month for using it.

Btw, if you're flying with an iphone, turn it off instead of putting it in airplane mode. We were charged a crazy amount for data roaming while flying. They said we used the internet while in Jamacia, and a few other countries while flying to St. Lucia. They credited our bill and said they were aware of the problem, but I don't believe it was resolved yet. Lesson learned. Will not put the phone in airplane mode anymore.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an iPhone, and it is $80 per month - and worth every penny. I have a blackberry for work, and I love my iPhone sooooo much more.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
You should check out the LG Versa. It has a quicker browser than the voyager with flash player and an unlimited text and data plan (I am on the connect plan on Verizon) is $69 for a single line or $120 for 2 lines. I used to have the Voyager too and I loved it but the Versa is better for PS!

ETA: I put all my music on the voyager and Versa so I don't even use my ipod anymore

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have ATT (regular phones, 1400 mins with unlimited text) and just found out that if we switch to T-Mobile, we can get a smaller plan with My 5 (which for us would be ideal), and add a data/smart/whatever they''re called now phone package for each of us - for only $10 more than what we pay now for our basic plan at ATT - so about $110 a month (this is all after tax). So in August, we''re going to blackberries. I really, really can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results