shape
carat
color
clarity

celebrity sightings

les12

Shiny_Rock
My friends met just met Patrick Dempsey a few nights ago and got this pic with him. Now, I don''t know about you guys, but this is one of the best photos I''ve ever seen of him!! Isn''t he gorgeous?!?! He''s filming a movie in our city so if God is good, I''ll have a run-in before he leaves
31.gif

Just wanted to share! If anyone else has stories, pictures, put them here!! (I''m trying to make a thread out of this, but really I just want y''all to see how delicious he looks!!)

pdemp.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... he is definately better looking in real life!
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I almost ran into Molly Shannon and her husband (and young son) on a sidewalk in NYC. That''s about the extent of my celebrity sightings though.

les12

Shiny_Rock
I guess I should have added my own stories. I met James Gandolfini (sp?) and saw Jude Law and Sean Penn on the set of "All the King''s Men" also in our city. Aside from that, been front row at several concerts. Cuba Gooding Jr. filmed a movie across the street from my sister so I spied on him. Our city is becoming a hot commodity for filming! It''s strange haha.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always considered myself lucky to have met Lisa "left eye" Lopez before she passed away. For some reason I always found her inspirational. She happened to be sitting behind us at a concert, where she was promoting a girl group she was trying to make big.

I always see and hang with the guys from Sister Hazel - they had the number one song "All for you"

I have my picture with Ty Murray
30.gif

Other than that, I can''t say that I''m lucky enough to have met very many stars, nor seen them.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really have anything useful to add to the thread, but I''m swooning over McDreamy here.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
whenever i think of Patrick Dempsey all I can recall is 'Can't Buy Me Love' and that funky african tribal dance he did.

i saw the other Mc.. McSteamy maybe? with his wife.. Rebecca Gayheart at a Safeway in Tahoe the year before Greys Anatomy started, they were in line behind us. lets just say they are both way better looking on film or maybe it was a bad day.

saw Maxwell walking around in Vegas. Greg was just in NC and saw someone, I can't remember who, some politician maybe.
He told me but I forgot. My GF was just at 4 Seasons in Maui with us and she met Adam Sandler and his family (there filming a movie with Jennifer Aniston and Nicole Kidman) and hung out with a bunch of people to watch some of the filming...we went to her pool a few times when there but didn't see anyone.

Personally I am never starstruck when I see celebs. Maybe because I don't think anyone is THAT good-looking or whatever. On the same note, I never even really notice people like that--I prob have seen others but just never knew!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I''m so jealous that they got to meet McDreamy!
30.gif

The only celeb I''ve ever met in person was Ernie Hudson. (For those of you who can''t put a face to the name, he played the nice cop in the movie "The Crow." I believe he was also in Ghostbusters.) Ran into him at an airport once, and he was very gracious!
1.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I was once at an NBA sponsored party where a lot of celebs were walking around, but the biggest one I saw there was Jay-Z. I was standing around and he stopped directly in front of me and started talking to another celeb. Pretty cool!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I saw Ben Affleck at the airport in Japan one year, but had no idea who he was until we saw a picture of him in a magazine.

M's family has a lot more sightings - his dad has run into (and talked to) Anthony Hopkins and Dave Matthews (okay, Dave isn't exactly super special - they live in the same town, and it seems like EVERYBODY there has some Dave story), M's little sister met Lauren Graham when they were filming Evan Almighty across the street from her HS, and I know there are more but I can't remember. Oh! M and his sisters have met Sissy Spacek and her daughter Schuyler Fisk. And I think his dad met John Grisham...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2010 2:41:44 PM
Author: princesss
I saw Ben Affleck at the airport in Japan one year, but had no idea who he was until we saw a picture of him in a magazine.

M''s family has a lot more sightings - his dad has run into (and talked to) Anthony Hopkins and Dave Matthews (okay, Dave isn''t exactly super special - they live in the same town, and it seems like EVERYBODY there has some Dave story), M''s little sister met Lauren Graham when they were filming Evan Almighty across the street from her HS, and I know there are more but I can''t remember. Oh! M and his sisters have met Sissy Spacek and her daughter Schuyler Fisk. And I think his dad met John Grisham...
OK, now I''m REALLY jealous!!! He has to be one of the most gifted actors that ever lived, and I''m a HUGE fan!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh he is DREAMY! I''ve had a ton of celeb sightings but never taken a picture or talked to them. I''m actually terrible at spotting celebs and whoever I''m with has to point them out to me. Nick Lachey was on the same flight as I was once and a girl was literally chasing him through the airport and I STILL didn''t know it was him until my friend told me. I''ve seen Rob Lowe (super handsome in real life, of course), David Duchovny, Dr. Drew Pinsky (at LAX and no one seemed to notice him because he just looked like a dad type business man), Dita Von Teese, Jeremy Piven, Marguerite Moreau, Alanis Morissette and Ryan Reynolds back when they were together, Minnie Driver...I think that''s it!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh my. He is YUMMY. I am jealous of the girls in that picture.

I saw Tim Gunn in the airport earlier this year- he was in front of me in security- one gal in between me and him. I sat across from Anderson Cooper on a flight a few weeks ago. I took a picture of his snoozing self and posted it here.
9.gif

I haven''t seen anybody good lately. Boo.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm.... Mc Yummy!!!!
18.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, he really is dreamy...I sound like a dirty old woman, but I don''t care, he''s really cute! I can''t believe he''s the nerdy kid in those 80''s movies, the years have been extemely kind to him!

Alli

Rough_Rock
I don't really follow celebs, gossip, who they're marrying or divorcing, so I was shocked to have a run in with a celebrity husband, without knowing it until after the fact.
I was in a LV store shopping, and when my husband asked if there was anything I wanted I replied, "just this guy's ring". He (the very tall guy standing at the showcase next to me) overheard me (guess I said it louder than I wanted to), looked at me, and smiled. Being so drawn to diamonds, I said to the stranger,"I love your ring, may I see it", and before he could answer I found myself grabbing his hand and spinning his diamond band (wide, sparkly, loaded with diamonds) on his finger, around to take a closer look. I have NEVER done that before, not sure what came over me that day. My husband seen me doing it, and looked ambarassed for me. When I left the store I told my husband that was the largest, most sparkly diamond band I had ever seen on a guy's hand before. My husband couldn't believe I examined the ring of a perfect stranger like that. Well, weeks later, I picked up a magazine,(US weekly I think), and on the cover was Kloe Kardashian and her husband Lamar Odom. I said "OMG, that is the guy from the Louis Vuitton store". My husband looked closer and said, "You're right, it is". I suddenly felt rather silly now, for touching the hand of a perfect stranger, just to examine the bling! I had no idea he was an NBA player (although the almost 7 feet in height should have given it away). I don't follow basketball, and I really didn't even know who Kloe was, other than Kim's sister. If Kloe chose that ring for him, she sure has exquisite taste!! I really wanted to leave the store with his ring!! lol
Lamar seemed like a very down to earth guy, saying "thanks, and smiling" when I told him I loved his ring!
Although, he was likely thinking to himself, "who is this crazy gal grabbing my hand"!

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2010 3:19:58 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 6/5/2010 2:41:44 PM
Author: princesss

M''s family has a lot more sightings - his dad has run into (and talked to) Anthony Hopkins and Dave Matthews (okay, Dave isn''t exactly super special - they live in the same town, and it seems like EVERYBODY there has some Dave story), M''s little sister met Lauren Graham when they were filming Evan Almighty across the street from her HS, and I know there are more but I can''t remember. Oh! M and his sisters have met Sissy Spacek and her daughter Schuyler Fisk. And I think his dad met John Grisham...
OK, now I''m REALLY jealous!!! He has to be one of the most gifted actors that ever lived, and I''m a HUGE fan!!!
36.gif
Same here!! I saw the girl from Juno at Whole Foods once. Sadly, that is the extent of my celebrity sightings...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We lived in Lake Arrowhead for many years where many celebs had homes, and we used to see them around town all the time. No one ever stopped and asked for autographs or pictures. One of my boys went to preschool
with Christopher McDonalds daughter and we have an adorable video of the two of them at their graduation. Kind of no big deal.

That is a wonderful keepsake photo of you and your friends with Patrick Dempsey. He is a doll, and how sweet is that for him to take the photo with you! Too fun!

Tom Selleck, Roseanne Barr, Michelle Kwan, Eric LaSalle are a few that I have seen up there. My kids were little when Lindsay Lohan made the Parent Trap and it was filmed up there. They were dying to be extras but
we never could get to apply.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s so fun to see celebrities...

The first time I went to Vegas I saw Paula Abdul, Ryan Cabrera, Joe Simpson (Jessica and Ashley''s dad), Petey Pablo, Suge Knight and OJ Simpson-I knew who Petey Pablo and Suge Knight were but didn''t recognize them...one of my friends confirmed who they were...after I had hung out with them in VIP, I realized who Suge Knight was (he is considered the one who killed TuPac) I probably shouldn''t have been hanging out with them!!!

I also met Jeremy Piven at a club during my Bachelorette Party last year...
30.gif
I love him in Entourage but he was kinda a drunken slob...still fun though!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while ago Orlando Bloom and Amber Tamblyn were in town shooting a movie. Didn''t have the luck to see Orlando, but Amber would come in the restaurant where my husband works as a bartender, and flirt with him (and others), the hussy!

Which reminds me of another humorous celebrity sighting with my husband, a number of years ago we were in Chicago at a modern art museum. Billy Zane was there, and I swear he was checking out my husband.

Sigh. Trying to think of a celebrity that has hit on me, scratching my head...I guess that shows who is the better looking of us two, thank goodness he seems pretty unaware of this fact.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2010 2:09:47 PM
Author: Mara

On the same note, I never even really notice people like that--I prob have seen others but just never knew!

Ditto to this.
I have only "sighted" celebrities after the fact, when they were pointed out by my friends. Even then, I don''t believe them and think they''re pulling my leg.
Apparently I have seen Robert Duvall and Drew Barrymore this way. Once, I passed by P. Diddy walking into a restaurant. I only noticed his 2+ carat diamond earrings, though, not him (that should be on my PS resume, dontcha think?
28.gif
)
Recently, Leslie Stahl (from 60 minutes) was sitting in my local Starbucks. My friend swore up and down that it was Leslie Stahl and I was like "no way, girl-you''re on crack, what would Leslie Stahl be doing in our Starbucks?" She started googling her picture and after we debated on whether her bag was a high end bag or not, she went up to her and confirmed her identity.

That day, I did not have to order any food at Starbucks because I was full from eating my words
20.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like this thread! And Mc Dreamy is smokin in that pic!

I saw Ashley Judd at Prada in NYC once. She is taller than I imagined and her skin was absolutely flawless. Beautiful lady! I also say Eric Nies (sp?) from the first Real World jogging in NYC as well. And I was on a flight with Mike Ditka on the way to Dallas. He was super friendly and shook hands with a lot of people. When I was in Boston for a Red Sox game, I was at Anthropologie and Alan Embree (who was a player for the Red Sox at the time) was in there before the game shopping with his wife. He kept telling her that they needed to get going because he had to go to "work". I thought that was cute!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I met Derek Jeter at a club in NYC (this was probably back in '00-'01)......Gosh that makes me feel so old!

Anyway, he was surrounded by his entourage... He is definitely super sexy in person-very tall/ handsome.
18.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that I sat next to Diane Sawyer once on a flight from Cleveland to NYC (she was interviewing the woman who had a face transplant). She slept the whole time though.

I saw Ashley Judd at a basketball game (Cornell vs Kentucky in the NCAA tournament). I was sitting behind her (far behind her). I was also pretty annoyed when she got up to use the bathroom and the whole Kentucky section stood up and cheered
20.gif
(obviously I was supporting Cornell
3.gif
)

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Love this thread!

OK- mine:

-Sat next to Harry Connick Jr. on a flight from Las Vegas
-Met Brad Garrett (brother on "Everyone loves Raymond") in Las Vegas
-Had a drink with Johnny Knoxville at a local bar (his treat
1.gif
)
-Stayed at the same NYC hotel as Al Gore a few years ago. I heard and recognized his voice in the hallway and poked my head out and it was him!
-Met the drummer for Aerosmith a few months ago while he was out shopping with his wife

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I was in London the other day having a drink at a trendy bar and Minnie Driver sat next to me and outside the bar Orlando Bloom was having a photo shoot with a ultra-young, ultra-skinny model at least a head taller than him. Two celebs in one setting!
36.gif

Minnie was very cute. Orlando was a huge disappointment. Not cute and a ridiculous beard.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We see a ton of celebs. Many I see in Nantucket, but there, we are chill. No one bothers them. They see me and smile like hey I know you, we chat and talk about our kids.. It''s all pretty vanilla when it comes down to it.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Does Barak Obama count? It''s not really a sighting but I got to "meet" him. He was giving a speech at a university (before the election) and I happened to choose a seat along the entrance way. He shook hands on his way to the podium. He stopped at me, shook my hand, then said, "Ah! Cubs fan, eh?" (I was wearing an old Cubs hoodie, how embarrassing!) I said, "Yes, sir" (why I have no idea), then he moved on to two more people before stepping on stage.

He was shorter than I thought he would be, but he smelled reeaaallly good.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
He is absolutely GORGEOUS.

I actually was on a movie set with Brad Cooper and Robert Deniro going back about three weeks ago...for close to 15 hours. We weren't allowed to take any pictures but oh.my.God. Brad Cooper is even more gorgeous in person! I gasped when I first saw him. Even though De Niro is older, he stilled looked beautiful as well. Both of them definitely had some major swagger.

Besides that I met a lot of MLB baseball players and ran into John Stewart in NYC last summer, met Jojo, AJ Feeley, Dahani Jones, and the pussy cat dolls.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
In high school, we won a charity thing by raising more money than other schools in our division. Our prize was getting to play bball with the Pittsburgh Steelers (which was cool for us, because we were very much a bball school and had decent teams). It was pretty fun! Of course, all the Steelers could dunk, and totally destroyed our kids, but it was a good time.

At the end of the night, one of the girls said she was going to ask Hines Ward to the prom. lol A bunch of us waited outside the locker room until he came out, and then she asked him out. Funniest thing ever. He just smiled and said he was a little old for her, or something. He was pretty young and cute back in 2001!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results