shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebrity Look-a-like

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
So it got me thinking that people post pictures and that they make an effort to cover their face, which is understandable. So I thought a fun thread would be to say if you have ever been told that you resemble a celebrity. I will start it off by saying that I have been told I look like Kelly Rutherford who back in the day was the hooker on Melrose Place, a nighttime soap in the 90s. But then she went on to be the mom in Gossip Girl which is slightly more respectable. Once or twice I’ve gotten Kelly McGillis in the Top Gun era, but that had to be because of the hair.
Or if not a celebrity, have you ever found someone that was your doppelgänger? I went to high school with this girl that we really looked alike. So much so, that a picture in the yearbook of her was identified as me.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were practically twins at this age
IMG_6001.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how true this is or whether I agree with it, but when I was younger, I was told I looked a bit like Meryl Streep. Her nose was skinnier, and I was more solid. But it's the comment I received, so here's a comp photo. Again - not sure I agree.

my doppelganger? a.jpg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ca
I'm not sure how true this is or whether I agree with it, but when I was younger, I was told I looked a bit like Meryl Streep. Her nose was skinnier, and I was more solid. But it's the comment I received, so here's a comp photo. Again - not sure I agree.

my doppelganger? a.jpg

I can see it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

my doppelganger? a.jpg

Yep, I can see it too.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a doppelgänger when I was a pre-teen. She and I went to the same place to swim. People always confused us. Since then, no one has ever said I looked like anyone else unless they are saying it behind my back :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a celebrity look alike but my dh does...he is a cross between Paul Newman and Robert Redford
He used to get that all the time when he was younger though less so now. In my eyes, he is even more handsome as time goes on...

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.19.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.24.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.22.36 AM.png

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

my doppelganger? a.jpg

Definitely.

B

Betty Baguette

my doppelganger? a.jpg

You are better looking than Meryl.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I used to have a doppelgänger where I lived when I was a young adult. People would ask why I didn't acknowledge them, wave to them, speak to them, etc. Evidently she went to the same mechanic, and even had the same kind of vehicle (a red VW Beetle!). I never did meet her.

People used to tell me that I looked a lot like Barbara Carrera. There was someone else, too, although it's been so long that I haven't a sniff who that was. :lol:

I dated a guy that looked a lot like Jack Nicholson, although I didn't notice it. We were in Hawaii in a shop, and he wasn't charged for some inexpensive item he wanted to buy. He thanked them and we left. I asked what that was about, and he laughed, saying that they thought he was Nicholson. He actually did look a lot like Nicholson except that he had blue eyes.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a teen I was repeatedly told by strangers that I looked like Linda Ronstadt which goes to show that people have difficulty with facial recognition. The only resemblance I could find was that our hairstyles occasionally resembled each other :mrgreen2:

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.21.59 AM.png Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.22.35 AM.png

empliau

Shiny_Rock
The only celebrity I've been likened to - strangely, once at the age of 18 and once at 37, of course by two quite different people, is Lily Tomlin.

I wish it were true. I adore her and her magnificent Modigliani face.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a celebrity look alike but my dh does...he is a cross between Paul Newman and Robert Redford
He used to get that all the time when he was younger though less so now. In my eyes, he is even more handsome as time goes on...

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.19.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.24.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 7.22.36 AM.png

Hmm, I would say Kevin Costner if he had lighter hair!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
As a teen I was repeatedly told by strangers that I looked like Linda Ronstadt which goes to show that people have difficulty with facial recognition. The only resemblance I could find was that our hairstyles occasionally resembled each other :mrgreen2:

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.21.59 AM.png Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.22.35 AM.png
Your teen photo looks a lot like Kaia Gerber! IMG_3433.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I would say Kevin Costner if he had lighter hair!

Yes, you’re right Monnie. Others have pointed that out too.
When he was younger his hair wss blonde.
Weird because my almost black hair lightened through the years and his has darkened

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you’re right Monnie. Others have pointed that out too.
When he was younger his hair wss blonde.
Weird because my almost black hair lightened through the years and his has darkened

From how you characterize your DH, he exudes charisma. Maybe that is why the resemblance to these leading men.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I had a doppelganger in town that I never met as well. People would often call me by her name. My oldest son used to be told constantly he looks like Justin Bieber. As his mama I think he's much cuter though, especially now that they are older. My ex (his father) used to be told he looks like Ricky Martin, and he did. Who knew me and Ricky Martin would make Justin Bieber! Haha

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People often tell me that I look familiar, I think I must just have a ’common’ face :???:

I’ve also been told I look like the Bride of Frankenstein :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results