shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebration Gift

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
I''m not really sure where I should post this, but I''ve decided, since I applied to med school and should hear back this week or next week (?) to buy myself a piece of nice jewelry.

I need some expert help on what to get. Budget is small, 500-750. I am not as big into colored stones. White is best. And I was thinking of either a necklace or ring....

Any ideas? I''m so antsy about the application I need to shop to distract myself.

Bee
30.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''d post this over in Rocky Talky or Hangout. If you ask they mods by hitting the "Report Concern" button, they will move it over for you.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. I begin the terrifying process in Fall!

Go with Tiffany''s & Co. you deserve it!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi read.bradie,

When I finished my honours thesis I bought a used diamond eternity ring to celebrate for under $500. If you''re open to "estate" peices sometimes you can get a realy good deal. Conversely If you get a small solitaire diamond pendant/ring from a PS vendor you can upgrade it overtime to commemorate other celebrations. If your realy dedicated to having a larger diamond at some point, this could be a great way to start out.

There are several sites on the internet that deal with individuals selling thier own peices, but we''re not allowed to mention them on PS. Erica from JBEG advertises some peices on one of the used sites, and if you google now i don''t you might find one of the other ones, but there are many of them.

Lord of Gem rings on Ebay has cheaper mountings and other rings that are of reasonable quality if you pay to upgrade the diamonds.
Be careful on Ebay, not a lot of good deals out there - lots of stock photos. Some PSers find browsing local pawn shops which can be worthwhile If you know what to look for. By far the best cut quality will come from a PS vendor though.

Congratulations on your application, I hope you get in !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results