shape
carat
color
clarity

CDNinNYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
35.gif

I haven't "seen" you around in a while and then I noticed you posting again over the last couple of days. How's it going? How's the wedding planning? Can you believe we're getting married in just a few months? I didn't want to threadjack DMB's BM dress thread, but I saw you post a few new contenders. Are you not going with either of the two MS dresses? Argh, so many questions. I missed ya!

ETA: My sis and I decided on this Jasmine one for her. It's nice, but so not those MS dresses I l
30.gif
, but it's really flattering and she was really happy and comfortable in it. We're going to have it made into tea length, or shorter. The colour's raspberry, but it's a bit off on the screen.

1069RB.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hey Pocahontas!

Hope you had a happy new year!

I hadn't posted in a while 'cause I was visiting home for the holidays; we also had a wedding New Year's Day in Toronto. It's hard to find time to post on the internet when your entire vacation is taken up visiting family and friends and attending functions but the wedding was awesome and I was glad to see everyone!

I had a bit of a panic when we came back and I realized there's only a few months to go. How are you holding up? Feeling stressed? I'm trying to figure out how to bring everything to Mexico (favors, welcome bags, accessories, etc). Are you shipping in advance to the DR or taking everything with you? I also got a rough of our invites that I didn't like but the designer is trying again; keeping my fingers crossed. Are yours done?

I really liked the MS dresses but my MOH was really wishy-washy about them. She can't 'tell' if she likes the dresses 'cause the samples were too big.
20.gif
They looked awesome, but hey, I'm not the one who has to wear it. I tell you, we've spent more time and effort looking for her dress than anything else. Anyhow, she really likes BCBG and their dresses fit her like a glove. I would have prefered the dress to be yellow but beggars can't be choosers. I'm so happy she found something she likes and I can work with green.
36.gif

I like the dress you settled on for your sister and agree it'll look better short (love the colour) but I hear ya on those MS dresses!

While we were in 'Sauga, I went with my brother to the Oakville Tommy Bahama and picked out his Man of Honour outfit. He looked so cute and was so easy to please.
36.gif
I'm really excited and happy he agreed to be a part of the wedding party. I should post a photo of his outfit to get your opinion. It's not too late to exchange it for something else if people don't think it works.

What else is going on with you??? I missed you too; can't wait to hear what you've been up to.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so this is my Man of Honour in his outfit. Don''t mind the grey undershirt; he won''t be wearing that! Lemme know what you think.

RLTommyBa.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a closeup of the shirt. I found the plain ones (without a design) just too plain but on the other hand I wanted him to wear a boutonniere and I don''t think it''ll look good with this patterned shirt.

RLTommyBb.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
oops...
31.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Woops! Meant to to give you a frontal shot with that last photo. Here it is.

RLTB.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the Maid of Honour fronter runner. Unless something else comes up quick, this''ll be it.

BCBGWeddingKP.JPG

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, where are my manners? Happy New Year to you too! I'm sorry the holidays were so hectic, but I'm glad you had a good time, especially at the wedding.

What's up with these MOH's of ours, huh? How do you not love MS, right?! Oh well, in the end I had the same attitude as you: as long as I don't hate the dress she can wear whatever makes her happy and she's comfortable in. FWIW, I love that new front runner. I think it'll be perfect
36.gif

I like your Man of Honour outfit, but I'd prefer the plain white shirt. I hear you about it feeling too plain, but I think it's a classic choice. Obviously, neither one of us is having an ultra formal wedding, but your Pronovias dress is so gorgeous and elegant and I feel like the printed shirt is too casual and would look kinda off, if that makes sense. Just my .02 though.

Invitations: did you get Kristy to do those too? Or, did she just work on your STD's? We just received ours last night and are planning on delivering them this weekend. It was a looooooooooong process, but in the end we're completely thrilled with them and are 100% satisfied. I'm going to take pics of them and post them sometime this weekend, hopefully.

Logistics: FI and I considered shipping things in advance to the hotel, BUT I'm way to paranoid to do that so we nexed the idea. We're planning on travelling with everything so we'll be keeping the extras to a minimum. For example, we aren't giving away welcome bags. Instead, we're planning on having a casual dinner party a couple weeks before our departure date. Everyone who's attending the wedding will be invited to that and will receive beach bags filled with a few beach items and information about the DR. We're also planning on playing a few games where the prizes are going to be things like travel pillows, headsets, etc. This way it'll be up to everyone else to travel with these things if they so wish. We're also considering doing something when we arrive to the DR. For example, I was thinking about having a couple excursion (i.e. jeep tour, snorkeling etc.) coupons randomly taped to the underside of chairs at the Welcome meeting hosted by the tour rep. But, there could be potential probelms if chairs get mixed up and random hotel guests end up sitting on these chairs. Maybe we'll have bottles of rum waiting in the rooms?! We haven't figured this piece out yet. Regarding wedding bombaniere, we're only giving away those small white boxes (which will also used as placecards) filled with some kind of travel-friendly candy.

Phew, talk about verbal diarrhea
3.gif
Let me know what else you've been up to.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 6:59:22 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
And here''s the Maid of Honour fronter runner. Unless something else comes up quick, this''ll be it.
I love it.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hey Pocahontas!

So, I asked my mom to exchange the shirt on Saturday for me for a more plain one. (She was in agreement a plain shirt would be better. Wish she had said this sooner, especially since I asked her for her opinion!) Unfortunately the weather was bad in 'Sauga, so she went Sunday instead. Well, the fabulous 50% off sale on all T.B. clothes ended Saturday so she had to pay full price for the exchanged shirt and those things aren't cheap! I am kicking myself for not picking up both when I had the chance!
29.gif

Thank you, though, for your comments. I need someone around who doesn't just say 'yes, it looks great' when they really mean 'no, get the other one!'

Kristy is doing the invites. I hope they don't take that long; am getting anxious about the time. Please post yours soon; would love to see them! BTW, did you put any type of 'attire request' on your invites? Is this rude? I am debating on whether we should put 'Beach Chic' on ours or not. Did you also put the name of your resort on the invite? I don't want to but am thinking this might be necessary, especially for those who are not computer savy and will not check our website?

I think I'm gonna ask Kristy for a quote on her paddle fans, too.

Your ideas on how you're going to distribute the OOT sound great! I wish we lived close enough to most of our guests so we can do the same. I'm going to have to figure out a way to bring everything down with us, especially since I just learned Mexicana airlines is only allowing 1 checked bag per person. Grrr!

Hmmm, travel-friendly candy... lemme know what you settle on. I have a couple ideas myself but don't know if they're 'heat' friendly. We're doing groom's candy instead of a groom's cake.
18.gif

Lately, I've been on the lookout for things to put in the OOT bags and as well as favors boxes. I found some pretty canvas beach totes that I'm hoping will go on sale! We're putting crossword and sudoko puzzles in them along with disposable underwater cameras, pina colada chewing gum, hot tamale candies, aloe vera, bottles of hot sauce (maybe), and some lip balm with SPF ('cause I always forget mine!).

We're bringing these things with us along with the favors, and other 'decorative' items I 'can't live with out'. lol I have to make sure I don't go overboard with the mexican theme! I don't want it to be tacky, ya know?

What else is going on with you???

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 11:39:03 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 1/9/2009 6:59:22 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I love it.
Thanks, Harriet! I''ll probably head over to BCBG to pick it up in the next day or so...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results