shape
carat
color
clarity

Cavity & Knot in a diamond? Dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Do cavities typically break the surface? Or are they inside? I ran across this GIA report and thought it was interesting... I''ve never seen a knot and a cavity before!!

Is this an accident waiting to happen? ...one knock, all gone?
33.gif

I SI1 princess GIA report.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all those misshaps are one on top of the other (knot inside cavit near chip... you know) - that would have been rather weird and that's what I thought the posts was about by just reading the tytle. All on one lab report is not that unsual.

SI1 is just that... Since there are several flaws that add up to the rather high clarity grade, neither should be an issue.

"Knot" is a funky included crystal (see pictures at Niceice). It may be visible. For someone who likes seeing interesting inclusions it could be appealing too !
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Knatt''s or knots need not be dangerous, but they do need checking - you need an independant appraisers help.

They indicate that more than one diamond growth was occurring at the same time.

The cavity can be annoying if it is on the crown side - they can get full of dirt and you can see them.
Under the girdle is where they usually are left by cutters and that is usually not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results