shape
carat
color
clarity

Cats and Christmas trees.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone else''s cats lodge formal complaints... and I mean months worth... when you take the tree down? We get a fresh tree, and every year it''s the same thing. Months of passive agressive pissy cats who want the tree back.

I kid you not.
20.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
My cat made our tree a treehouse for the entire Christmas season - she was like a monkey swinging limb to limb. She broke a record 6 ornaments this year, and knocked every ornament that was less than 3 feet off the ground, off of the tree and hid them in the house - one in the bathtub (?!) and several under pieces of furniture - one even ended up behind the fridge....needless to say, our tree was down the DAY after Christmas - and my life is much easier now...

But yes Gypsy - little Cleo was not a happy camper for several weeks after the tree was down - but my blood pressure was down and that's all that mattered
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We are bad kitty parents - ours didn''t even get a tree this year, too much hassle. We''ve also decided our next place it will be a priority to have a room where we can have a tree and other fragile holiday stuff that they aren''t allowed into the room. Then I''m guessing they''ll be super PO''ed
3.gif
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:11:27 AM
Author:Gypsy
Anyone else''s cats lodge formal complaints... and I mean months worth... when you take the tree down? We get a fresh tree, and every year it''s the same thing. Months of passive agressive pissy cats who want the tree back.

I kid you not.
20.gif

Well, Miss Hallie was just about the cutest thing EVER sitting under the tree on the tree skirt and looking out at everyone
30.gif
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:11:27 AM
Author:Gypsy

I kid you not.
20.gif
NO... that is funny!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
lol

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have a fake one. The first year I had it, they knocked it down at 5 am on a Saturday morning (my first day of in almost 2 weeks) and broke half the ordainments. I got pretty upset, and gave them bad looks all day. They actually care then they upset me. They have never tried to climb the tree since, and it has been 3 years. And they do not get upset when I take it down.

It would be fun to have a real one and see what happens.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
cats are tree creatures in the wild....naturally, they want you to have a tree for them. perhaps you can set up something for them to climb on.

mz

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I thought about leaving our tree up and just changing decorations according to the nearest holidays. Pearls was so ticked off the day we took our tree down.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:06:36 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I have a fake one. The first year I had it, they knocked it down at 5 am on a Saturday morning (my first day of in almost 2 weeks) and broke half the ordainments. I got pretty upset, and gave them bad looks all day. They actually care then they upset me. They have never tried to climb the tree since, and it has been 3 years. And they do not get upset when I take it down.

It would be fun to have a real one and see what happens.

OMG I WISH mine cared when we were upset with them
20.gif
We''ve always had fake trees and even so, its like kitty crack in our house - they just can''t help themselves, even if we''re sitting right there with the squirt bottle (which they hate)...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:36:45 PM
Author: movie zombie
cats are tree creatures in the wild....naturally, they want you to have a tree for them. perhaps you can set up something for them to climb on.

mz

We have two cat trees-- they're covered. They don't climb the tree. They sit under it. Worship it, rattle it to get the needles to fall, then roll in them. No they want a real TREE.

Cleo, mine are actually really good about worshiping the tree. They just love it there. Ever since it's been down they've been crouching where it was in a mass protest at nights. They just sit there and stare at you. Our vacuum is crap so there are still some stray needles when they find them they roll on them, then sit on them, staring at us pointedly all the while.

The day the tree went down Hally ripped to shreds all the paper she could find in the house. Then would NOT move or let us vacuum under where the tree was. Then I put the tree skirt in the drycleaning pile, IN the laundry room, and if I leave the door open, I'll find them laying on it.

I'm telling you it's a formal protest. Organized to.

Amber yes, she was particularly ticked. So was Frodo. LOL at the room they can't go into.

Two of mine care about doing bad things. Hally doesn't. At all. But this tree thing is war. Mommy and Daddy did the bad thing. And now they are punishing us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results