shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral veil?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I need your wise input once again. (Thank you to everyone who gave me their advice on the dress, by the way!) I ended up ordering the Mori Lee gown. At the beginning of my quest for a perfect dress, I absolutely fell in love with the cathedral length veil and I really want to get one! Is it weird because my dress'' train is chapel length? Or is it passable? Thank you! :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Nice choice, dboat!! I''m happy that you have found "the one" for you! Both were beautiful so it wasn''t possible to make the wrong decision.
1.gif

With regards to a cathedral length veil, as far as I understand it, they were made to be worn with wedding gowns that have a chapel length train or longer. This being said, I think that a cathedral length veil looks great with everything ... as long as the bride is wearing the veil and the veil is not ''wearing the bride'' then it''s all good, regardless of the length of the train on your dress. Then again, I may be biased. I love cathedral length veils myself.

For whatever it''s worth, I think that you and your beautiful Mori Lee gown will look gorgeous with a cathedral length veil.

Have you tried any on with your dress? If so, do you think that you will be going with a 1, 2 or 3 tier cathedral veil? I found that it makes a huge difference so if you haven''t yet tried them ... make sure to try all of them and not just single tier ones as 2 or 3 tier veils might be more flattering to both you (framing your face) and your gown.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think it should be passable. I would definitely try one on with your dress... and if you still really love it but you don''t love how long it is... just chop off a couple of inches. Also... it''s your wedding... wear whatever veil makes you happy... within reason of course.
3.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I really liked the one you tried on with the Alfred Angelo dress. Is that something you would like? I think it would look great with your gown. Anything cathedral length would look good with your gown actually!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I think a cathedral length veil is totally fine with a chapel dress. All the better to show it off, when you don''t have the extra fabric in the train!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I also have a chapel length dress and will be wearing a cathedral length veil. Especially for my dress, (and it appears the same in your case) you don''t want the same length veil to fall in the same place as any beadwork or lacework at the end of the dress, and cover up all the beauty. By having a more simple cathedral length veil, you will still be able to see the intricacies (sp) or your dress, while getting the dramatic look of the veil.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
That is all very helpful. Do tiers just mean the number of layers in the veil? (That would make sense, wouldn''t it?) I think I''ve tried on 1 and 2 tier, though not with the Mori Lee gown that I purchased unfortunately... Do you think I should wait until the gown gets here? (And I''m not sure how that would work, actually, since I didn''t order it from a salon.) Or should I go looking for it now?

Lanie: I really liked the one with the AA gown too. You can''t see it in the picture but it had beads at the edges. I''m not sure if I like the beads; I think it looks good just like that with plain edges.

dcgator: "By having a more simple cathedral length veil, you will still be able to see the intricacies (sp) or your dress, while getting the dramatic look of the veil." True. I think I agree with that, since my skirt has beadwork and embellishments in the back, it might be better to have a plain design on the veil than to have crazy stuff going on there.

Thank you for everyone''s input!!! :)

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
dcgator: I meant to ask. Are you a Gator fan? My fiance and I both attend UF. :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:02:45 AM
Author: dboatsupreme
That is all very helpful. Do tiers just mean the number of layers in the veil? (That would make sense, wouldn''t it?) I think I''ve tried on 1 and 2 tier, though not with the Mori Lee gown that I purchased unfortunately... Do you think I should wait until the gown gets here? (And I''m not sure how that would work, actually, since I didn''t order it from a salon.) Or should I go looking for it now?
Sure does!

It would be great to get a real sense of your look by waiting until your dress comes in but who has the patience for that?
25.gif
I certainly didn''t. If this is the case for you as well, you may wish to try on a few different styles and narrow down your preferences so that you can either make a decision and pick something you know will work or be ready to choose something once you''ve paired it with your dress, in person.

As you mentioned, as long as you get something in the right color and keep it fairly simple, you should be just fine. A lovely veil will be the perfect complement to your beautiful Mori Lee gown.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:03:31 AM
Author: dboatsupreme
dcgator: I meant to ask. Are you a Gator fan? My fiance and I both attend UF. :)
You better believe it! I got my bachelor and master degrees there. What year did you both graduate. What school were you in? Are you still in Fl or have you moved to another Gator-friendly city?

It''s great to be a Florida GATOR!
9.gif

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
dc- That''s awesome! I am graduating in this coming May and my fiance is graduating in next May. I am in CLAS for degrees in Mathematics and Religion, and my fiance is in College of Engineering. What about you?

It is great to be a Florida Gator, indeed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results