shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I posted earlier about how we are leaving to go to my parents'' for Thanksgiving tonight which is bound to be 6-7 hours with all of the traffic and stops. Well, our cat Shogun had diarrhea yesterday and just discovered he STILL has it today. It always gets stuck to his fur no matter how much we trim back there so we had to give him a bath yesterday and looks like we''ll probably have to do it again today. I''m really worried about travelling with a sick kitty! He''s been making it to his litterbox but he obviously won''t have that available during the car ride. I tried to give him a little bit of pumpkin to help with things but he won''t eat it. I stuck a couple of bits on his nose so he would HAVE to lick them off but he''s just not interested in the rest.I''m stressed about the drive and am feeling bad for him... is there something else I can do for him to make his stomach feel better?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you call your vet? We call ours whenever we have questions like this and they always give us good ideas.

I''m so sorry to hear that your sweet little Shogun isn''t feeling well. I hope he feels better soon.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Haven, we don''t have a vet yet. We got him in May and haven''t had a need to take him in yet. I guess I could see about calling his previous vet maybe?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s tough.

Have you ever had any pets in the past? You could call your former vets. Or yes, definitely call his previous vet. Ours is always very helpful when we call with questions like this, when you find a quality vet they can be a really good resource.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to stop the pumpkin. Even though some places say pumpkin works for both problems (backed up or going too much), I''ve found that pumpkin only works for the constipation in my cats. It''s a guarantee to give them stinky behinds and runny poos.

If kitty still has an appetite and is drinking fine, I would just feed him a bit of dry food at a time, a lot of water and maybe some plain yogurt to get his system back on track.

If he goes off his food or isn''t drinking water (because he''s going to get dehydrated) I''d take him to the vet. If the diarrhea lasts more than 3 days, I''d take him to the vet regardless.

Good luck!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Haven and Cello... I went ahead and dug out his old vet''s info and called. DH is on the way there to pick up some fortiflora to help Shogun''s tummy. I quit pushing the pumpkin. He seems so unhappy and I almost cried a few minutes ago because I just feel helpless. All I can do now is give him the medicine from the vet and hope he starts feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results