shape
carat
color
clarity

Castle Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Only $184,000!?!??
6.gif
6.gif
That must be a mistake.....I think I''m movin''! Where''d I put that visa??

GermanCastle.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
$1.8 million is a bargain.... that''ll barely buy a brand new, 5 bedroom house in S. California!

any eccentric nouveau riche, sine nobilitate pricescopers that are interested in owning their own castle can find more information at http://www.castles-for-sale.com

but if you are rich enough to buy a castle you could always spend your cash more wisely... like making generous donations to the diamond geezer engagement ring fund! or you could always sign a large cheque payable to "payoffdiamondgeezersstudentloans ltd" lol

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that one listed,DG. $1.8 million isn't bad at all. You can't get ANYTHING near to that around here. On the lake it might get you a 7,000sf home...but it isn't nearly as nice as a castle
9.gif

Edited: I had the wrong name
40.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
it ate my picture!!
29.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2005 3:10:51 PM
Author: diamondgeezer
any eccentric nouveau riche, sine nobilitate pricescopers that are interested in owning their own castle can find more information at http://www.castles-for-sale.com

but if you are rich enough to buy a castle you could always spend your cash more wisely... like making generous donations to the diamond geezer engagement ring fund! or you could always sign a large cheque payable to ''payoffdiamondgeezersstudentloans ltd'' lol
LOL, dg. What''s your mailing address???
5.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
DG, you can get that CASTLE for $1.8 Million OR you can have this for the same price. Even though I would take this house in a heartbeat...It's just a shame that something as HUGE as that castle costs as little as it does...although I'd hate to pay the heating bill.
6.gif

OnePointEightMillion.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2005 7:19:21 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me
DG, you can get that CASTLE for $1.8 Million OR you can have this for the same price.

I do not happen to have $1.8 million lying around, but humor me. Where is this located and is it for sale at present?

Deborah

Date: 1/10/2005 1:28:49 AM
Author: AGBF

DG, you can get that CASTLE for $1.8 Million OR you can have this for the same price.

I do not happen to have $1.8 million lying around, but humor me. Where is this located and is it for sale at present?

Deborah
I do not happen to have $1.80 lying around... I am working for min-wage! speaking of which... it is 6:40am I got to go!!!!!!!!! I won''t ever be able to afford that castle if I lose my job! lol!!!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 1:28:49 AM

Deborah
It is for sale. It''s on the lake here at Lake Norman. This is the most popular style home around here.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what state you are in. Where is Lake Norman? (And I apologize if you have written about where you live and I failed to take it in!)

Deborah

PS-I did a search and there is a Lake Norman in North Carolina. Is that your Lake Norman? Are all the homes expensive like the one pictured? (No one from California is allowed to say $1.8 million is a pittance; it isn't when you try to pay a mortgage on the house!)

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 7:21:34 AM
I don''t know what state you are in. Where is Lake Norman? (And I apologize if you have written about where you live and I failed to take it in!)

Deborah

PS-I did a search and there is a Lake Norman in North Carolina. Is that your Lake Norman? Are all the homes expensive like the one pictured? (No one from California is allowed to say $1.8 million is a pittance; it isn''t when you try to pay a mortgage on the house!)
Yes, that''s the same Lake Norman. It''s very expensive to just own property there. Depending on which side and section of the lake you live on it can be right up there in that range. The side that''s closest to Charlotte (eastern side) is insane in it''s price range while the Catawba (western) side is very expensive it does get a lot more reasonable the farther north you go. The Catawba River runs into Lake Norman and that section is less populated and IMHO a lot prettier because you see more land that is untouched. Mostly doctors, lawyers, Nascar drivers, CEOs, etc..own homes on the eastern side of the lake. You can find smaller houses that are a lot more reasonable but it takes a lot of digging through endless real estate websites. I try to dig through the real estate books that you can pick up at the grocery store but after about thirty minutes of looking at them they all start to look alike and I can''t remember what I just looked at. It can really turn into a headache. It''s a good thing I''m not looking for a house or it would take me forever to go through them all!

Ah, California. A friend of ours just moved from LA and said that even though he took a dramatic pay cut when he moved out here it was still in relation to the cost of living. I guess being born and raised here I''m just used to it and can''t imagine making/paying out the kind of money he did out in LA. Especially as cheap as I am
25.gif
But then again... what he was paying and being paid in LA is what he was used to at that time.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 1:40:16 AM
Author: diamondgeezer
I do not happen to have $1.80 lying around... I am working for min-wage! speaking of which... it is 6:40am I got to go!!!!!!!!! I won''t ever be able to afford that castle if I lose my job! lol!!!
lol, DG. We don''t want you to lose your job!

And on a different note.. I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard. Nice
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results