shape
carat
color
clarity

Cashmere Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
For any SATC fans out there, Darren Star has a new show premiering tonight on ABC. Four execs who''ve been friends since college deal with personal lives ( includes an affair which is ignored, a choice between a man and a career) and their high-class lives.

Hmmmm......

The Lipstick Jungle which is also based on Candace Bushnell''s book, is premiering in February. Sounds very similar with a cast of three instead of four.

Who will win???

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I know, they sound very similar! Brooke shields and one of the girls from 91210 are in the lipstick Jungle show. Isn''t Lucy Liu in the Cashmere Mafia??

We will see. I will try to watch the premiere tonight!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
got tivo all ready to record this, can''t wait to see a new show!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it tonight!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, I wanna see it toooo! But I''m tv-less and have to wait for the DVD.
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for reminding me!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m on call in the hospital tonight but I called Hubby to make sure the TivO is ready to go...thanks for reminding me! Is the brunette the girl from the Brendan Fraser movie...Bedazzled or Bedeviled or something? With Elizabeth Hurley?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is the from that movie. I think her character was Allison who played Brendan Frazer''s love interest.

Initial reactions within first few minutes. You know how in SATC, it was all about the great shoes...Have you seen all the fabulous handbags in this one?? and, um, the RING!!

MUCH better looking guys. Interesting choice of actresses, I would have never thought of any of them together. Decently acted. Crazy plots already.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oohh what was it like? It''s not airing over here for ages!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I liked it...its like SATC all over again but with EMPOWERED WOMEN....I love shows that have that plot line. I will watch it....and BF watched it too...he didnt think it was that bad...awesome...and its right after Desperate...so I am pretty much glued to the TV on Sundays now...

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I liked it too. With the writer''s strike and all... so nice to finally have a new show.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was pretty good, but nothing can beat SATC for me. I think new shows usually need time to get off the ground and find their footing, like if you go back and watch the first few episodes of SATC it''s more awkward and the narration was a little odd at first, but then look how great the show became. I''ll keep watching because I think there''s a lot of good potential.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I watched it this morning and i''ll watch again. The format and plot premise reminds me of a female version of "Big Shots" which is also an ABC show.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 1:12:14 PM
Author: BriBee
I thought it was pretty good, but nothing can beat SATC for me. I think new shows usually need time to get off the ground and find their footing, like if you go back and watch the first few episodes of SATC it''s more awkward and the narration was a little odd at first, but then look how great the show became. I''ll keep watching because I think there''s a lot of good potential.

Yeah I can''t see anything beat SATC. I''m addicted to it still and am going on the tour for the third time on Friday. I cannot wait until the movie!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I liked the show! It looks like it will have great a storyline...and was more realistic (execs can afford the SATC wardrobe, not writers, etc)....

I like Lucy Liu and used to see her in NYC when I lived there....she was always at the dog park by my hairstyle palace, Ted Gibson :)

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 3:10:16 PM
Author: Libster
I watched it this morning and i''ll watch again. The format and plot premise reminds me of a female version of ''Big Shots'' which is also an ABC show.

Thats exactly what I thought. I did like it, and will watch it... but wish that the writers were working, because I loved Brothers and Sisters.

I wonder if lipstick jungle will be as good, wonder what night it will be on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results