shape
carat
color
clarity

Casey Anthony to get one million dollars for first interview

Will you watch Casey Anthony's Million-Dollar Interview?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you watch it?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/07/tv-producer-says-he-met-casey-anthony-in-palm-springs-hotel-arranged-1-million-interview.html

A television producer says he has scored the first television interview with Casey Anthony, a $1-million deal arranged when he met her in a Palm Springs hotel.

Al Taylor divulged few details about the alleged agreement, which he announced Wednesday by telephone on Dr. Drew Pinksy’s HLN show.

“I got a call early Tuesday morning, from a representative that said if you want to meet with her, be in this certain area in 15 minutes,” Taylor said on the show. “I was game. I showed up. I wasn’t for sure if I was going to meet her, and sure enough, she was there.”

Anthony, 25, was recently acquitted in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in an investigation and trial that garnered national attention.

Taylor refused to name the hotel where the meeting allegedly took place or say who had accompanied Anthony to the meeting. When pressed for photos or video proving the meeting happened, he said he wasn’t allowed to bring a camera or cellphone and was searched before speaking with Anthony.

Taylor did say, however, that Anthony was concerned about two things: The $1 million he promised her in exchange for the interview, and whether or not she’d have to take a lie detector test.

“I want to hook her up to a lie detector after we do the interview, and she was unsure about that of course, and I said, ‘Well, it helps you in the end,’” Taylor said, later adding, “I don’t think it was a deal breaker, but she definitely wasn’t that interested in doing a lie detector.”

The meeting lasted only 15 minutes, Taylor said, and he didn’t know where she went after it was over.
Taylor said he tried to explain to Anthony the financial benefits of doing the interview soon.

“The one thing I explained to her was, ‘Remember, fame is fleeting, but infamy is even more fleeting,’ and I said, ‘Look, in six weeks you’ll be worth $100,000, not a million dollars,’” he said. “I was trying to explain that we’ve got to do it now.”

Taylor is not the only person to say he’s arranging Anthony’s first interview since her acquittal.

Ohio-based Schalmo Productions has offered Anthony $5 million for an interview, a spokesman told Orlando’s FOX 35 on Thursday.

“I think it’s going to take that much for her to talk,” Jake Schalmo said.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Re: Casey Anthony to get one million dollars for first inter

Nope I have no desire to contribute towards their ratings, and honestly even if she took a lie detector test I wouldn't necessarily believe the results if they said she wasn't responsible for her daugter's death because sociopaths (which I firmly believe she is) can often "beat" them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

she better her pay bills instead of the taxpayers... :angryfire: ..then she can marry O.J.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The producers are betting that they can get big bucks advertisers, and the advertisers will be betting that there are enough people out there who are willing to tune in that it will be worth their while. I imagine this show would be a tough sell to nationally known brands no matter what the projected viewership. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

heck,i'd rather pay a million bucks for an interview with Kenny... :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

I'd watch that, DF. Not going to watch CA or read any interviews w/her or anything she writes, tweets, phones, Facebooks, emails. Will not contribute a single cent to her profit. Didn't I say she'd turn up in So. Calif??

--- Laurie

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1311364313|2974773 said:
heck,i'd rather pay a million bucks for an interview with Kenny... :bigsmile:

Oh boy!
Now I can buy my 1ct natural Fancy Red Octavia. :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:
Actually 1Mil may only pay for a 1/2 ct., because I'd have to buy a large red and polish it down.

I don't think there is anything more to learn about Kenny - I'm already an open book.
But for a million bucks I can make up some juicy stuff. :Up_to_something:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll bite. Sure I'd watch an interview. It's not going to make her rich, she has too many civil suits against her and lawyer bills to pay. Why would I watch? Just curiousity. You can't change history, what's done is done and she's a free woman. Would I believe her? Hell no. I'm curious but not stupid.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock

First she gets money from people in jail, and now a million dollar interview? What is WRONG with the world? I really wish she would just crawl under a rock and stay there... :nono:

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

No, I would not watch. There is absolutely no point in listening/reading anything she has to say. She's a liar and if anyone thinks she wouldn't lie, lie, lie, lie, lie for $1m....they're delusional.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

It really makes me sick to think of her making money from all that happened. There's no way I could watch that interview.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The only justification I can think of for watching it is to write down the name of every advertiser on the show and boycott them for life for allowing her to make money from killing her child.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1311383692|2974970 said:
The only justification I can think of for watching it is to write down the name of every advertiser on the show and boycott them for life for allowing her to make money from killing her child.

Yes, I like that idea.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Count me in, in a heart beat.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Italiahaircolor|1311388822|2975026 said:

Count me in, in a heart beat.
me too. i'm hoping ALOT of people boycott those that help her profit of her daughter's death.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

this is sick.. getting rich for what happened... and i'm sure she doesn't want to be hook up with a lie detector since it will NOT help her... she is a liar liar liar!!!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

centralsquare|1311384814|2974982 said:

Yes, I like that idea.

Me too. But only one needs to watch and then post the advertiser list here.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

I'll watch - out of curiosity... not that it is likely to even be shown here. 99.9% of people in the UK have never heard of the case.

However - and I don't mean this in a horrible way - I'd bet that every person that bothers posting on this thread or voting will watch the interview. Why? Because they have to be interested enough to even bother posting/voting here. Even if they don't think it's a morally acceptable thing for the woman to be making this kind of money, curiosity will get the better of most of us.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Pandora|1311450476|2975390 said:
I'll watch - out of curiosity... not that it is likely to even be shown here. 99.9% of people in the UK have never heard of the case.

However - and I don't mean this in a horrible way - I'd bet that every person that bothers posting on this thread or voting will watch the interview. Why? Because they have to be interested enough to even bother posting/voting here. Even if they don't think it's a morally acceptable thing for the woman to be making this kind of money, curiosity will get the better of most of us.

I can honestly say I won't watch it, but do agree that I am curious and looking for ways to hate her more. I may read newspaper articles or watch a news segment on it...but I won't watch it. Not sure there is a difference in that, but there is to me.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Pandora|1311450476|2975390 said:
99.9% of people in the UK have never heard of the case.

I'd bet that every person that bothers posting on this thread or voting will watch the interview.

Not me, Pandora. Seeing her eating up the spotlight and lying, lying would honestly make me barf on my shoes. No enlightenment or entertainment in watching Casey make up still more stories, trashing her little girl in the doing. I'd rather clean out the basement for equal fun.

Good news it's not such a big story there. That takes care of the idea of the one four-flusher who said they'd make $3 mill selling an interview in Europe -- I presume the same lack of interest on the Continent.

Saw online that Baez issued a statement last night saying he is not negotiating with anyone for any interviews at present. Since he & Casey are ethical twins, who knows if it's true. I doubt there's a huge line waiting at this door, though.

--- Laurie

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nope, she's a proven liar. Not interested in the BS.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Not just no, hell no. And how is it all these media companies have this kind of money to throw away but America is so "broke"? :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results