shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier love bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
This was shown on the episode of CSI: New York last night - and I have to admit, it''s kinda cute? I don''t like it the gold thought.... bleh.... white gold would be kinda nice?

Does anyone have one of these, or is there someone that makes a replica of it?

21.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
What does it look like?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
like this:

lovebracelet1026.jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
in the gold:

goldcartier1026.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s cute, but the whole thing kind of smells of bondage/slavery to me. I mean, you lock it on and the key goes to someone else? Freaky!

But it is pretty.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine got the ring from her boyfriend in white gold. Very pretty. Haven''t seen the bracelet though.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''ve heard that you can just unlock it with a small screwdriver...I like the ring and bracelet, they''re cute!!
2.gif

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
One of oour clients was waring one in a meeting. he said the biggest problem is that it sets off the metal detector at the airport... and you cant just take it off.

but it does look good...

OliveOpal

Rough_Rock

It''s so funny that you brought this up! I had heard of the bracelets prior to CSI: New York, but never thought much about it - but after I saw it on the show I wanted to do more research. This tidbit I found online was interesting, "The Cartier Love Bracelet has been popular since the 1960''s, when its designer modeled it after legendary chastity belts, said to have been bolted to wives'' waists when their husbands went away--to keep the wives faithful." That seems kind of creepy, but I do not look at in that sort of way. I guess I like the idea of the commitment/love bracelet, plus it just looks cute! I would like wearing it, but my BF actually doesn''t really care for the idea.

Anyway, out of curiosity I checked out signedpieces.com, but they did not have any of the bracelets. So I looked on e-bay today and even there they are not cheap! It sounds like they retail for around $4000-$5000 (without diamonds) and on e-bay you are looking for around $2000 for a used Cartier. There were some cheaper vintage bracelets for less than $1000 - designed by Aldo Cipullo. Also, the hard part about buying used is getting the right size.

Instead of getting one of these, I think I''m going to get The Bracelet by Until There''s a Cure Foundation (www.until.org) - they sell bracelets for AIDS research/education, etc. They have a nice 18K WG bracelet for $125 - a little more in my price range - plus it''s for a good cause.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had one in the 70''s when I was 14...my mom bought one for me. I did not like it because I cannot stand to sleep with any jewelry on and it is a pain to remove. But I think they are cool looking...

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 11:52:33 PM
Author: OliveOpal

It''s so funny that you brought this up! I had heard of the bracelets prior to CSI: New York, but never thought much about it - but after I saw it on the show I wanted to do more research. This tidbit I found online was interesting, ''The Cartier Love Bracelet has been popular since the 1960''s, when its designer modeled it after legendary chastity belts, said to have been bolted to wives'' waists when their husbands went away--to keep the wives faithful.'' That seems kind of creepy, but I do not look at in that sort of way. I guess I like the idea of the commitment/love bracelet, plus it just looks cute! I would like wearing it, but my BF actually doesn''t really care for the idea.

Anyway, out of curiosity I checked out signedpieces.com, but they did not have any of the bracelets. So I looked on e-bay today and even there they are not cheap! It sounds like they retail for around $4000-$5000 (without diamonds) and on e-bay you are looking for around $2000 for a used Cartier. There were some cheaper vintage bracelets for less than $1000 - designed by Aldo Cipullo. Also, the hard part about buying used is getting the right size.

Instead of getting one of these, I think I''m going to get The Bracelet by Until There''s a Cure Foundation (www.until.org) - they sell bracelets for AIDS research/education, etc. They have a nice 18K WG bracelet for $125 - a little more in my price range - plus it''s for a good cause.
wow! that is very interesting!! I did find them on ebay as well - and NO, they are not cheap - I was just curious if there were any sites or vendors out there that have a similar design. Maybe not...

They do sell those AIDS cuff bracelets at The Body Shop, and I''ve owned one of those. Maybe I should stick to those, at least those are within my price range
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results