shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier locket

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi - I hope to get some guidance on this piece, which I've had for many years. I believe it's Cartier (Must de Cartier) and I have the red box, felt pouch, and certificate of silver 925 with it. It has the Trinity format as the bale - it looks yellow gold, and I'm assuming it's plated - and is very heavy. It's stamped Cartier 925 on the base.

I can't find any information about Cartier silver online; it looks like they don't make silver jewellery, only silver gift items. I wondered if anyone knows anything about it, or the line it came/comes from? I can take more pictures of it if you need them.

Cartier locket.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
contact Cartier for exact info on the piece and if its Cartier then its UN-usual,but not un heard of to be plated.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks jewelerman. I will pop into Cartier in London about it. I think I was a bit unclear in my description: the bale is the only gold(plated) area; the rest is plain solid silver in my opinion...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
If it says 925 it should be sterling -- 92.5% silver, the rest alloys. Maybe the bale isn't original to it?

I love its elegant simplicity.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks JewelFreak. It doesn't look like the bale is an add-on - but then, I'm in no way an expert. It doesn't have a separate hallmark on it either.

It's stumped me, to be honest. I think I will go to Bond Street next week and show it to Cartier, and see what they think. I also love its simplicity, but it is very heavy and can only be worn on a ribbon/leather thong, so I don't wear it very much, unfortunately...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you able to get any information on it?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had a chance yet Addy: I will do as soon as possible. Maybe Sunday: I'm in town then. I truly don't know what they'll tell me about it... :loopy:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natsplat|1317319638|3028860 said:
I haven't had a chance yet Addy: I will do as soon as possible. Maybe Sunday: I'm in town then. I truly don't know what they'll tell me about it... :loopy:

I don't think they're open on Sundays. I think you'd be better trying Saturday (10-5pm).

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh - I should really look at the Cartier website before I plan trips to the store :oops: a weekday it is then. Thanks LD :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results