shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier bracelet stuck on and no one can get it off

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I know most of you aren't interested in Kylie Jenner with good reason. :rolleyes: However, I happened to see this and wondered if it was possible that even Cartier has been unable to remover her bracelet? i have admired these bracelets, but are they truly that difficult to remove? :confused:

In her Snapchat Kylie Jenner explains in the video that a bracelet has been stuck on her for “like, four years,” and that no one can get it off. Not even the security guys at Cartier (where her bracelet is from).

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/...bracelet-thats-been-stuck-on-kylie#.ovbR42j7P

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:rolleyes: Oh jeez. I saw that headline earlier and thought "wow, she can't pay a jeweler to cut it off and replace it?" FWP.

:doh:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I also wondered why she wouldn't have it cut off. :wall:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some SA uses loctite to keep the screw in if the customer complains about the screw always coming loose. I wondered if that's the case for her. But it shouldn't be a problem if they used only a little glue. Maybe she had too much on hers? If so, she needs to buy some of those solution to loosen glue from her screw and it should come off. But I wonder if such a glue loosening solution is bad for the skin?

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
:lol: How many people in the world wish that they had her 'problems' :roll:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get claustrophobia if a shirt has armholes that are too small for me, I'd be out of my mind if I had a BRACELET stuck on me!!!

She must not want to have a jeweler or the emergency room cut it off.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1453498811|3979895 said:
I get claustrophobia if a shirt has armholes that are too small for me, I'd be out of my mind if I had a BRACELET stuck on me!!!

Or she has some type of deal with Cartier to generate publicity. Things like this always make me wonder. Last year when Ben Affleck got caught cheating with the nanny, she posted a photo of herself on a plane with him and Tom Brady and she was wearing one of those bracelets. Or, maybe it's a secret club symbol. ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is more fun than a barrel of monkeys..... :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ultimate First World Problem.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm sure she's full of it. You can get something off your arm if you want too. Particularly if you have nothing to do all day but post selfies.

She wanted a news story.

I wish ive been stuck in a Cartier bracelet for four years. I would LOVE it :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I'll be here all night, folks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'd suck it up and learn how to deal with it. :lol:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1453502294|3979944 said:
Oh I'm sure she's full of it. You can get something off your arm if you want too. Particularly if you have nothing to do all day but post selfies.

She wanted a news story.

I wish ive been stuck in a Cartier bracelet for four years. I would LOVE it :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I'll be here all night, folks.

Maybe that's the ticket to getting free Cartier. Head to a shop to "try things on" and then hope one of the pieces sticks - literally.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they use loctite and use the red type it won't come off even if they used just a little bit. It would have to be cut off. If you think you ever need to get a screw out use the blue loctite because the red is permanent.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor thing, not.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1453506370|3979973 said:
If they use loctite and use the red type it won't come off even if they used just a little bit. It would have to be cut off. If you think you ever need to get a screw out use the blue loctite because the red is permanent.

Whoa.
Back up.

You pay thousands of dollars for a bracelet made of precious metal and the closure design is such that some samples' screws keep loosening... So they glue it!?!?

How on earth are people okay with this? If I'm paying that much for a piece of jewellery - that piece of jewellery had bl**dy well best work the way it's supposed to without needing to be glued together!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1453525627|3980102 said:

Whoa.
Back up.

You pay thousands of dollars for a bracelet made of precious metal and the closure design is such that some samples' screws keep loosening... So they glue it!?!?

How on earth are people okay with this? If I'm paying that much for a piece of jewellery - that piece of jewellery had bl**dy well best work the way it's supposed to without needing to be glued together!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

True dat!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1453498811|3979895 said:

Same here. No thank you. :errrr: I like to be able to remove everything whenever I want to!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa.
Back up.

Yssie, you're our resident jewelry and diamond scientist/ structural engineer here. Would screwing and unscrewing repeatedly on those things make the threading get worn down? The same way screw back earrings do? And since its on the wrist, it gets bangs on often, causing the screw to loosen more often than on the ears? What other option is there to fixing a loose screw? Re-threading the bracelet hole, and using a larger screw?

I agree that I would NEVER want super glue on my 10k bangle. That's just stupid.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1453564322|3980228 said:

Whoa.
Back up.

Yssie, you're our resident jewelry and diamond scientist/ structural engineer here. Would screwing and unscrewing repeatedly on those things make the threading get worn down? The same way screw back earrings do? And since its on the wrist, it gets bangs on often, causing the screw to loosen more often than on the ears? What other option is there to fixing a loose screw? Re-threading the bracelet hole, and using a larger screw?

I agree that I would NEVER want super glue on my 10k bangle. That's just stupid.

My comment was more about Loctite than whether it should be used on jewelry based on thecat''s post above. Loctite is a brand of adhesive that comes in several forms and color coded based on how you want to use it. Red version is permanent and would not be removable. Blue version is not and screws can be removed if needed but it keeps the screw tight even if bumped a lot. It doesn't hurt the metal. If I have screws that keep coming loose I use blue. No pun intended :lol:

If her idiot jeweler used red Loctite then he is an idiot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results