shape
carat
color
clarity

Carry on films

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, before this goes on any further, I just want you to know - I am only 48 and only just 48 at that!!

As requested here is everything you ever wanted to know about Carry on Films

I''m so glad someone enquired about them this morning, otherwise I wouldn''t have found out that there is to be a new Carry-On film this year: Carry on London I know it won''t be a patch on the old ones, but I''m looking forward to it nonetheless.

My all time favourite was Carry on Cabby What was yours?

Lots of images on Google Images BTW

carry on montage.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gailey! I hope "Carry on London" will screen here. My favourites are "Carry on Camping" and "Carry on Soldier." Remember that skinny chap saying "beasts, commoners, peasants" while bayoneting a dummy? I''ve forgotten his name.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have never head of these.... Must get out more.
33.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I loved the Carry on films, I saw many while babysitting as they were often on late. I loved the one(s) set in hospital...Carry on Doctor or Carry on Nurse.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the doctor/ hospital ones best too.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
When I was breastfeeding my son in the early hours of the morning these films were often the only thing on other than infomercials and I must confess I did occasionally have a giggle at the ever so subtle double entendres. Was there one called ''Carry on Up the Khyber''?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 7:48:37 PM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, Gailey! I hope ''Carry on London'' will screen here. My favourites are ''Carry on Camping'' and ''Carry on Soldier.'' Remember that skinny chap saying ''beasts, commoners, peasants'' while bayoneting a dummy? I''ve forgotten his name.
That shot of Barbara Windsor losing her bikini top during exercise is permanently etched into my memory. There were some classic shots of her in Carry on Doctor where she''s wearing 3 skimpy red sequined patches - I thought I''d be better not to post those!!

I think Charles Hawtrey is the actor you are talking about in Carry on Sergeant. He has got to be one of the all time comedic actors.

They were great films. I''ll see what else I can dig up on Carry On London. Pity Guy Richie isn''t making it. He makes the best films about London - ever!

Charles Hawtrey.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it was Charles Hawtrey too, such a character!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
My 3 all time favourites were:

Carry on Abroad

Carry on Loving

Carry on at your Convenience

But I love them all.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it''s Hawtrey! Does anyone else remember Sid James and Kenneth Williams?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:44:05 PM
Author: Harriet
Yes, it''s Hawtrey! Does anyone else remember Sid James and Kenneth Williams?
Sid James was an all time British icon and Kenneth Williams had the most distinctive voice of all of the Carry On team!

sid james and kenneth williams.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Matron!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results