shape
carat
color
clarity

Carpet Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have one that they love? If so why and what brand is it?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you''re looking for a full-sized one or a spot cleaner. I have this one called "Bissell Spotlifter". Bissell Spotlifter It''s a compact thing, a little bigger than a Dustbuster, for spot cleaning. It works great! When I moved into my new condo with light beige carpet, there were assorted smudges around. It''s taken them all out. Plus, it''s great for when I spill something (I dropped an entire piece of blueberry pie over Thanksgiving - I can''t even tell where it is now). I use the deep cleaning solution in a spray bottle for tougher stains, and it does a really good job too. I had rust stains on the carpet around where one of the radiators must have leaked (probably had been there for years), and they aren''t quite 100% gone, but they are very faint now compared to how they used to be.

I can''t really comment on a full-sized machine, though I assume Bissell would also be a good brand to go with.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Basil, that looks like EXCACTLY the kind of thing I need too! At the top of our steps we have a bunch of spots from when the happy hubby forgets to take off his shoes and it''s cruddy out. (Not to mention that is the exactly same spot The Demon likes to puke up whatever weird thing he''s even off the ground - YAK! I mean YUCK!). Just this morning the happy hubby and I were talking about renting a carpet cleaner from one of the local grocery stores, but they''re pretty big and I don''t know how it would work on the stairs.

I am making a special trip to Best Buy this week to get one of these!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Bissell Proheat turbobrush. I think it must be bigger than what basil is describing but I think it''s still fairly small. I LOVE it. I have cats who throw up and it gets the stains out easily. The first one I had (Bissell Little Green Machine) didn''t have extra interchangeable tools which this one does and you could not heat the water which my new one has. I would highly recommend it. I used to use spot cleaners but didn''t like that because I felt like I was always leaving chemicals behind on the carpet. I prefer the idea of shampooing even a small stain.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are looking for a full size one.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I have a Hoover SteamClean that I got at sears in 2003. It works really well except here''s a couple of things I want to share that I learned along the way.

I don''t know why it says "steam clean" because it doesn''t heat the water, I just put hot tap water in.

I didn''t purchase the next model up with the clean water rinse feature & I regret it, because I have to do the rooms over a second time to rinse all the soap out.

I use Zep Commercial Grade Carpet Cleaning Soap now, (available at Home Depot) and I use verrrrrry little of it. It works 10 times better than the manufacturers brand of cleaning solution & doesn''t leave a residue.

But I have to admit, mine does work well, we got some red wine out of my carpet from my New Years Bash.

HTH

DG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
get one that has a heater that actualy heats the water.
They work 3x as well as the ones without the heater.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bissell - love it!!! came with a jet wand too and I think that might be handy to dig out for jewelry!!! hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results