shape
carat
color
clarity

Caricaturist at a wedding????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,

Althought I am not a BWW ... just an LIW :) I do have a wedding related question, mainly for my brother who is planning his wedding.

He is thinking of doing something fun for when he is out with his bride taking pictures, something to entertain his guests with.
His suggestion was a caricaturist!

I just wanted to know what all your opinions are on this idea?? I kind of like it, I think it will be fun and people will have a nice momento from the wedding. One issue I do have thought, is that it will change ther overall feel of the wedding, from romantic to humorous .... not necessarily a bad thing though, the reception is the best time to loosen up :)

Thoughts?? Opinions???

Thanks in advance :)

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
It''s definitely a little unusual for a wedding, but I actually think it''s a fun idea and the guests would probably really enjoy it! Some of my favorite wedding ideas are "nostalgic" and bring out the kid in people (such as candy buffets), and I think this fits into that category. It provides entertainment and can double as a favor! Along the same lines, photo booths have become very popular.

Additionally, my guess is that if your brother came up with this idea, it''s probably very much in line with his personality...in which case it would be very fitting for his wedding.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve used them for big work events - what was even more popular was a silhouette cutter. I wanted to hire one for mine but it didn''t quite fit in the budget.

The cool thing with them is that they will cut two copies at the same time - one for the guest and one for you. I was going to paste them all in a guest book instead of polaroids etc. The guy I worked with also did full-length ones for the bride and groom.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds great! I''ve always wanted to have one of those done.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that it''s a great idea if it''s in his budget.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 8:44:42 AM
Author: Pandora II
I''ve used them for big work events - what was even more popular was a silhouette cutter. I wanted to hire one for mine but it didn''t quite fit in the budget.

The cool thing with them is that they will cut two copies at the same time - one for the guest and one for you. I was going to paste them all in a guest book instead of polaroids etc. The guy I worked with also did full-length ones for the bride and groom.
a silhouetter cutter?! What a fascinating idea!!! I didn''t even know such things existed haha.
I would like to suggest that idea to him if you don''t mind
5.gif

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input on this topic, much appreciated :)
Good to know how it might be perceived by others.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great idea - you could also consider a photobooth, I always thought those seemed cool as well
2.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
i think it sounds like a really fun idea.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 1:01:30 PM
Author: EyeElle

Date: 1/15/2009 8:44:42 AM
Author: Pandora II

a silhouetter cutter?! What a fascinating idea!!! I didn''t even know such things existed haha.
I would like to suggest that idea to him if you don''t mind
5.gif
Please do, I''m afraid I only know really good ones in the UK - although they are in the USA every now and then, but I''m sure there must be some out there. These are the people I used: www.roving-artist.com

It''s about the only thing I slightly regret that I didn''t push the boat out for.

DH and I got ours cut at the event I ran where I first hired the guy - he had little cards to mount them in to take home - and we really treasure them. Funnily enough DH''s grandmother sent him a parcel a few weeks later with a framed silhouette of his long dead grandfather as a small child - bizarre coincidence.

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I actually read out this whole silhouette idea in Martha Stewart Weddings not too long ago. It''s such a cool idea! Just as Pandora said, the artist cut out two copies at once. The one was attached to a paper backing for the guest, and the other for the bride & groom to keep. He does each one in under 3 minutes! The bride and groom''s silhouettes were hanging on display during the cocktail hour. So cute!

Check out http://www.cutarts.com for the guy used in the magazine article.

marthastewart.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Karl (as seen in Martha Stewart) did my wedding; he was wonderful and everyone loved it. He did cost a bit...I posted pics somewhere a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results