shape
carat
color
clarity

Card box ideas? French cafe/bistro feel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
So, we''re getting down to the little details part of our wedding, and (among other things) we need to figure out what to do for a card box at the reception.

We''re going for a outdoor french cafe/bistro feel at our reception (i.e. under a tent, antique street lamp-looking lights, dried lavender as accents, etc...) so I''d love to find a card box that fits with that feel if possible. However, this isn''t something I want to spend a ton of money on- If I could just find a pretty hat box and cut a slit into the top, that''d be fine. For reference, our colors are sky blue, yellows, greens and blueish-purple (the color of dried lavender). The wedding ins in late May.

Any suggestions for a card box, or any suggestions for other decor accents that could help make our reception tent feel more like an outdoor cafe/bistro? Thanks!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
One thing I think of with french cafes/bistros are cute little window boxes with flowers in them & hanging bistro signs. Maybe you can decorate your card box table to with that? You can even use silk flowers so it''s not expensive. And add a hanging bistro sign that says "Havernell & Mr. Havernell''s Wedding" Just a thought.

Here''s what I"m thinking of. Make a wooden/foam board sign, probably oval. Paint your names in a script font. You can get a lightweight chain from Home Depot & attach it to the sign. Stick it into the planter box using a dowel or rebar as the sign post.

WindowBox-flowers.jpg

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... flower boxes! I *adore* flower boxes!! We have some at our place (not hanging from a window because we have those windows that swing out, but on our patio). I can''t believe I didn''t think of using flower boxes somewhere at the wedding! We could even plant some flowers ourselves in them this spring and bring them to the reception site (and then bring them back to our patio afterwards). I''m definitely going to think about this!
I don''t think I could fashion a card box out of a flower box, as there would be no way to secure the cards inside it safely, but this is a great general cafe decor idea! Thanks lliang chi!

Anyone willing to show me their card boxes? Maybe that would at least give me some ideas on that front...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results