shape
carat
color
clarity

car seat advice needed

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
Due to her height, my daughter is on track to outgrow her convertible car seat within the next couple months- can anyone recommend a good booster seat that is comfortable and secure for a child turning 2 years old (will be about 28lbs and 40" tall) ?!? I dont even know where to be begin :confused:

any advice would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wow, 40" is super tall! Are you going to keep her RFing or FF? We have the Britax Frontier, which is a harness to booster seat. We are keeping our daughter in a five point harness for as long as we can.

lucy.lucy.80

Shiny_Rock
we switched her forward facing at 1.5 years because she became very fussy not having much leg room- definetly wanted the 5 point harness for the next couple years being that she is still so young so it sounds like that could work- i will look into it thanks!!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Other similar seats to the Frontier are the Graco Nautilus and the Evenflo Maestro. They are very similar, the Maestro is less expensive and not as heavy but both harness for a looooong time (my 5 year old average height boy is still harnessed in both) and then both turn into high back boosters and then backless boosters.

ivanhabia

Rough_Rock
Trade
nfowife|1338511907|3207005 said:
Other similar seats to the Frontier are the Graco Nautilus and the Evenflo Maestro. They are very similar, the Maestro is less expensive and not as heavy but both harness for a looooong time (my 5 year old average height boy is still harnessed in both) and then both turn into high back boosters and then backless boosters.

It is a very nice to get it and i really want to buy this type of seats. Can you tell me that it is safe to use for child and it is support to back of child. I have seen that many seats are not good for child back support.

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
We just bought the Diono Radian R100 - its a wonderful car seat - one of the safest.
Turns into a booster seat too!
Has memory form for comfort and a very high back (good for tall kids).
We love it - I traded both of my Britax in order to buy them.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi lucy- we just bought the Britax Frontier for our 3 year old 2 days ago for the same reason (plus he has a little sister waiting for his convertable!) I did a lot of research on all the forward facing 5 point harness to boster seats and really you should take her in to BRU or Buy Buy Baby to try them out and play with them. I found the Graco's buckles hard to "snap" in both the Argos and Nautilus but they were comfortable for DS to sit in. The Evenflo seats were nice but the Maestro wouldn't work for us since it only will harness to 50 lbs and DS is already 40 lbs. We also checked out the Evenflo Secruekid and almost bought it but the straps were really narrow at his neck. The Frontier and Securekid have really high backs for taller kids and that was important for us too. Good luck and have fun trying them out. That made all the difference for us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results