shape
carat
color
clarity

Can''t use US Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
due to pave but dirt is under diamond. Setting is keeping me from getting at it with a jewelry brush.

So how do you all feel about using the steam from a coffee milk frother? I''ve tried searching the PS threads but not really gotten an answer. We had company last week and my diamond was DIRTY and didn''t perform as I would have liked.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d just take it to be steamed by your jewler this week.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 9:37:39 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d just take it to be steamed by your jewler this week.

ditto.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s probably best not to use and ultrasonic frequently on pave...but once and a while might be fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:10:33 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It''s probably best not to use and ultrasonic frequently on pave...but once and a while might be fine.

I agree. I use mine once in awhile even though I did loose a melee in my US. I think steaming has similar risks as the US (for loosing stones). Have you tried soaking it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 9:35:57 PM
Author:Stone Hunter
due to pave but dirt is under diamond. Setting is keeping me from getting at it with a jewelry brush.

So how do you all feel about using the steam from a coffee milk frother? I''ve tried searching the PS threads but not really gotten an answer. We had company last week and my diamond was DIRTY and didn''t perform as I would have liked.
wow, it seems lately no one wants to put their pave in the us.... honestly its making me rethink the whole pave thing... I love the look but there''s no way my rings will survive a day in the life of sara without being tough - and if a little US is too much, goodness knows bashing it on the inside of the washing machine isn''t going to do anything good for it lol

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 12:27:00 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
wow, it seems lately no one wants to put their pave in the us.... honestly its making me rethink the whole pave thing... I love the look but there''s no way my rings will survive a day in the life of sara without being tough - and if a little US is too much, goodness knows bashing it on the inside of the washing machine isn''t going to do anything good for it lol
ROTFLMAO!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 12:27:00 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/11/2007 9:35:57 PM
Author:Stone Hunter

Cehra, I use mine once a week. The other days I simply toothbrush with cleaner. It looks great. I refuse to have grummy rings worried about losing pave. If it falls out, I will gladly pay to replace the clean little melee.

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would still US my rings even if i had pave. i''d just replace the stones if they came out...and hopefully it wouldn''t be that often!! there''s no way i couldn''t US my rings. honestly all the hand cleaning in the world that i used to do never made them look like this. when i hand-clean when we travel i can see that it''s not quite as clean as the US and it bugs me!

other than that...steaming by a jeweler.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me three or four or five....I would use the US on my pave, but maybe not as frequently as non pave rings. If the stone is loose it''s gonna come out...better in my cleaner than gone forever. Alternatively, have your jeweler steam it like others have suggested.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2007 12:12:50 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 2/11/2007 10:10:33 PM
Author: kcoursolle

I agree. I use mine once in awhile even though I did loose a melee in my US. I think steaming has similar risks as the US (for loosing stones). Have you tried soaking it?
Yes and it made a BIG difference but it didn''t get all the dirt/film out. It sparkles alot better than it was last week. But in just the right lighting if I hold the ring at just the right angle I can still see the dirt/film.

No I don''t stare at my ring much. LOL And I feel bad that it wasn''t really clean for company.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results