shape
carat
color
clarity

Canon SD850 IS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have this camera? My current camera is a Canon S1 IS and i really like it but i am looking to give it to my parents because their camera isnt doing so well.

I have read some reviews and it sounds great, but i just thought i would come to my PS friends and check to see what they are using and if anyone has this particular one and how they like it.. thanks!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Beanie:

I have a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and I love it!

It's a slightly different model then what you are looking at and I don't know what the differences between the two are.

I can tell you without any reservation, the SD800IS is FANTASTIC!

I would imagine that the SD850IS model would definitely follow suit.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the reply SuzyQZ!

I think the SD850 is the new one out this year.
I have seen some pictures that come from these cameras and they are pretty outstanding... plus maybe it has a macro mode???
forsome reason mine doesn''t
7.gif
not that i have alot of fantastic items to display but one should always be prepared
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my camera has a macro mode and it''s outstanding.

I''m sure the new model has it too, but check out the specs online before you buy just to make sure (I wouldn''t want to assume)
2.gif

Macro mode is pretty standard now on most digital cameras.

Have fun taking pictures!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have the SD850 IS. It''s a replacement for the SD700.....and it''s GOOD.

I fell off the bleachers at a HS graduation and munched the lens off the SD700 in May. I looked to replace it, and realized they were just about the release the 850 IS as the successor the SD700.

Bought it on July 1---LOVE it! awesome pics, nice macro - swoonable!

Let me know if you have any specific Qs I can answer.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think the 850 is a ton better than the 750 (which is what I was thinking about getting.)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 2:03:54 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Beanie:

I have a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and I love it!

It''s a slightly different model then what you are looking at and I don''t know what the differences between the two are.

I can tell you without any reservation, the SD800IS is FANTASTIC!

I would imagine that the SD850IS model would definitely follow suit.
Ditto to every last thing that Suzy said
2.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the SD800 IS in July for a vacation and it is AWESOME. This might not be such a good help-- but I went to all the geeky websites to try to decide what to get and all said to get the 800 instead of the new 850, BUT I CAN NOT REMEMBER WHY??? I do remember that the 850 replaced some 700 model and learned that just because 850 is higher number than 800- it is not necessarily better. I usually think the highest number, newest is better- but not always. I think the difference with 800 and 850 is something about the length or width of picture when zooming???

I used my 800 on a safari in S. AFrica and zooming worked GREAT! Also amazing macro shots.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think the 850/800 are the ones I''ve been eyeing also (my Nikon does a fine job, but I want more bells and whistles and Canon seems to offer the most). What is the power supply like? If I remember right, the 800 has a rechargeable battery pack, right? How long does it last/take to re-charge? All of my previous cameras have taken lith-ions with the option of using regular AAs which is WONDERFUL in photo emergencies, so I''m nervous about switching to battery pack. What do you all think of it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my sister just got the 850 and it''s awesome..i can''t wait to get a new camera maybe next year hehe.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 4:58:00 PM
Author: Elmorton
I think the 850/800 are the ones I''ve been eyeing also (my Nikon does a fine job, but I want more bells and whistles and Canon seems to offer the most). What is the power supply like? If I remember right, the 800 has a rechargeable battery pack, right? How long does it last/take to re-charge? All of my previous cameras have taken lith-ions with the option of using regular AAs which is WONDERFUL in photo emergencies, so I''m nervous about switching to battery pack. What do you all think of it?
200-300 shots depending on flash use.
4 hours charge time.
Get a spare.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 4:58:00 PM
Author: Elmorton
Yes, both the 800 and the 850 take the NB-5L proprietary battery.

It takes about 75 to 90 minutes to recharge when fully discharged.

A spare battery is only about $40-50, so I''d recommend getting one. Then you don''t run out of power at an inopportune time.

I believe you can get off 200-250 pics off a single battery charge.....but then again, it really depends on how much you use zoom, playback, etc.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 5:22:51 PM
Author: Mara
my sister just got the 850 and it''s awesome..i can''t wait to get a new camera maybe next year hehe.
Yep - 850 has a lot of cool features, including in camera red-eye correction and My Colors! Woo-hoo.

I''ve been doing more ''photo-shoot'' types of photography, so I recently just picked up the S5, too. It was on sale crazy cheap at Circuit City for only $350.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results