shape
carat
color
clarity

Candian Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
Hi there. I am a newbie to this forum and was hoping someone could help me with their valuable experience and advice.

Are any of you familiar with either the Sirius Princess Ideal Cut or the Sirius Empress Ideal Cut? The latter is a realtively new cut and I don''t think there is any information about it on the Sirius web site yet.

If so, is there anything you can tell me about these stones? For example, is their cut actually an ideal cut? If so, I thought ideal cut was reserved solely for square diamonds. Is there a general guideline for fancy squares as well?

Your help is much appreciated!
wacko.gif

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
According to their website, Sirius cuts their Princess Ideal Cut within this range:

Table: 55-59%
Crown Height: 12.1-16.2%
Girdle: 1.3-2.9%
Pavilion Depth: 53.0-59.0%
Crown Angle: 33.0-38.0 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 54.0-58.0 degrees

There is no info on the Empress Ideal cut on their web site.

Any input or guidance on these two cuts would be much appreciated!
4.gif

ice_is_nice

Rough_Rock
By the lack of responses, I am assuming that nobody here really knows much about Canadian diamonds that are cut by Sirius (also known as Polar Bear diamonds).

Based on the dimensions I posted above, are there any deficiencies that might stand out. For example, would I be correct in saying that the pavilion angle is too high?
confused.gif

WalnutCrunch

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/15/2003 7:25:37 PM ice_is_nice wrote:

By the lack of responses, I am assuming that nobody here really knows much about Canadian diamonds that are cut by Sirius (also known as Polar Bear diamonds).

Based on the dimensions I posted above, are there any deficiencies that might stand out. For example, would I be correct in saying that the pavilion angle is too high?
confused.gif

----------------

I think lots of people here know about Sirius, but not necessarily about the 2 cuts you're talking about.

In any case, judge each stone that you find based on their individual qualities, not because their dimensions happen to fall in a certain range. Companies have come up with "ideal cut" product lines for all sorts of shapes; while you may lower your chances of buying a "dog" by getting one of these diamonds, they're not all guaranteed to be great diamonds. You can bet that you'll be paying a hefty premium for it though, so make sure you check the detailed specs before you buy one.

WC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results