shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you tell me if this is a fair price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
GIA Cert.
1.55 Carats
F color
I1 - one visible inclusion, like a light white streak that will be covered by a prong- other than that, no carbon spots- the diamond is eye clean
Flouresence - None
60% Depth
56% Table
Polish - Good to Very good
Is this a fair price? These are all the specs I have-
Ive seen the stone - its so bright..
and the GIA report only shows this one inclusion. I think thats why its graded I1, its rather long, but its all the way to the side of the stone, right on the table...
Any feedback?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
MARIAV75, it sounds reasonable
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Check pricescope ~ easy as that
1.gif

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
Thank you. If you saw the diamond- really, its so nice.. but its this one inclusion! its like a little streak- it is visible with the naked eye.. Ive looked at so many diamonds.. and honestly, even though this is an I1- its really nice! Its blinding..
Do you think its that way b/c of the cut?
Ive magnified it - not one other inclusion, not one carbon spot - clean- it just aggrevates me b.c the grading is so low.
Does GIA usually grade lower than EGL?
read.gif

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
I tried pricescope - I couldnt locate a 1.55 carat.. everything was coming up 1.50- Im sure Im doing something wrong...
1.gif

Im trying!!!! Geesh... Ive become a pro with the loupe!
1.gif

This is fun... ive been from Tiffanys to Walter Baumans.. to estate jewelery...
and then to this one I1 diamond
1.gif

But, I cant get passed the color and cut...
I dont know - I dont THINK Im making a mistake .. but on the other hand - im making a good choice..
theres just so much bad things written about I1 stones.. are they all bad???
rolleyes.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Some times Pricescope does not have a complete inventory of every grade, these are diamonds submitted to them.

There are good Il diamonds and there are bad ones, sounds like you got a good one. If the diamond is cut well then that also helps hide the inclusion.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
OK -1 more thing.
And Ill leave you guys alone
2.gif

Is is possible for an I1 stone to be graded so low based on only 1 inclusion? Is is possible? Or can I be missing something else?
Or is it possible GIA would grade it an I1 based on this only 1 visible inclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results