shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you spell that please LOL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were hammered by nasty weather today. Raining sideways, 60 mph wind gusts, gloooomy...so to take my mind off the weather, I found myself surfin'' the Louis Vuitton site & decided to finally get a new wallet so I called the Portland store...

ring ring...''ello?
Yes, do you have the Pawkette wallet in stock?
Zee whaaat?
The Pawkette wallet.
Can you spell that please?
Yes, p-o-c-h-e-t-t-e
Silence, looong silence, then a muffled giggle. Oh you mean zee pooshay?

LOL. Either I better stick w/American designers or learn to speak french. I bought a key chain too, just because I could pronounce it. Lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, don''t feel bad at all; I often find out I''m mispronouncing things! When we were doing our last kitchen I wanted wenge cabinets. Wenge = wenj phonetically, right? Well, it''s wen-gay as the snotty kitchen designer was prompt to point out with a big eye rolling smirk. Screw him, we went with cherry--and a different designer!
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha.... I am just as bad.... I think taking 2 yrs of French in HS helped a little. But not a lot.

When I was little, I used to think lingerie was pronounced linger-E ... hahaha... my mom tried not to laugh. good thing I learned how to say it when I actually had to start wearing bras.
9.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Matata,

This is too funny. I posted a thread on how to pronounce the name of my new LV bag...Batignolles. I didn''t want to butcher it when people asked which style bag I had gotten.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
too funny

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Matata: Are you near left Portland or right Portland? I''m on the left side....... :)

Diver.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2006 7:23:09 PM
Author:Matata
We were hammered by nasty weather today. Raining sideways, 60 mph wind gusts, gloooomy...so to take my mind off the weather, I found myself surfin'' the Louis Vuitton site & decided to finally get a new wallet so I called the Portland store...

ring ring...''ello?
Yes, do you have the Pawkette wallet in stock?
Zee whaaat?
The Pawkette wallet.
Can you spell that please?
Yes, p-o-c-h-e-t-t-e
Silence, looong silence, then a muffled giggle. Oh you mean zee pooshay?

LOL. Either I better stick w/American designers or learn to speak french. I bought a key chain too, just because I could pronounce it. Lol.
Well, heck, even SHE pronounced it incorrectly, as it is actually pronounced "poh-SHETTE" with a hard "T!" Should sort of rhyme with "corvette" as far as the last syllable, with a Po, as in "poe" in front of that. Yeesh.
9.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great Matata...totally something I''d do!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2007 11:31:57 PM
Author: divergrrl
Matata: Are you near left Portland or right Portland? I''m on the left side....... :)
Diver.

I''m in the southern oregon badlands
1.gif
. When I want grown up stuff, I have to call up to Portland or Eugene to get it. But it''s not all bad, we now have a Home Depot and are slowly working our way up the retail ladder
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh...you''re in the land of dry weather...lucky duck. I am in the land of perpetual puddles.

congrats on the Home Depot, now you too can ponder the aisles endlessly in search of someone, anyone, who can answer your questions.

LOL.

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results