shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you remember all your passwords?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are your passwords written down on a piece of paper just in case you forgot?

Q

Queenie60

I keep a spreadsheet on my phone and my computer, updated as passwords are added and/or changed.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
no
im terribly
i had trouble ordering a pizza last night for father's day
i don't even know my password for here
at the moment im locked out of one bank account for internet banking (but not for phone banking?)
i have no idea what it is for my cell phone provider
i once got lost out of my Bruce Springsteen forum so ive just always kept the recovery password the webmaster gave me and its the only one i tend to remember
im hopeless

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I have stuff automatically saved on my devices and when it works that is great. When it doesn't I have to reset and it's a pain. My dh has all his passwords written down. For work he has to change it every couple of months and when I was working the same. I would write it down then but often lost it and had to have IT reset it for me. LOL. My memory is a sieve- what can I say? ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no
im terribly
at the moment im locked out of one bank account for internet banking (but not for phone banking?)
i once got lost out of my Bruce Springsteen forum so ive just always kept the recovery password the webmaster gave me and its the only one i tend to remember
im hopeless

Daisy dear you are in good company.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The screen on my phone got broken on Friday evening, but I didn't notice it til Saturday morning when I went to check Instagram and couldn't open it.
I literally spent nearly all Saturday going through and changing all my passwords on internet banking, pricescope, Instagram etc. I have one of my son's old phones and it's doing my head in.
The password thing is so frustrating. I've just made everything the same as I'm getting too wound up everytime! :cry2: :wall:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The screen on my phone got broken on Friday evening, but I didn't notice it til Saturday morning when I went to check Instagram and couldn't open it.
I literally spent nearly all Saturday going through and changing all my passwords on internet banking, pricescope, Instagram etc. I have one of my son's old phones and it's doing my head in.
The password thing is so frustrating. I've just made everything the same as I'm getting too wound up everytime! :cry2: :wall:
there is an Android app that transfers all your info over to the new phone
ive had a broken screen
i dropped it out of the car then we reversed over it and then drove back over it
it still worked long enough to get the info off it onto the new phone

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
no
im terribly
im hopeless
If you have an iPhone keep it in your notes...and periodically email it to yourself In case you change them...You can also take a pic of your list and save it in photos. I keep my phone locked in case of loss for that purpose. You just have to remember the password to your phone to unlock it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH recently got an email that had the password we used for banking and PayPal in the subject line. I believe they wanted money or they threatened to drain our accounts, no idea how they got it. I immediately changed those passwords.

So yes all the passwords are written down because the new ones are really long with all kinds of numbers and symbols.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a slow tech adopter, I've finally begun using autosave for my pw's within the last year or so--I just didn't want to trust or change, & always felt something, somewhere, wouldn't work & thus, resisted using auto save. All I can say now, is auto save is the only way to go.

l also was one of those people who held off on getting a cell phone for years. I didn't want my life interrupted by an annoying phone. Now, I love having the convenience. :D

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have some of my passwords digitally saved with partial obfuscation so that someone who gets their hands on them can't tell the actual passwords, but enough in plain text so that I can remember them.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have them all written down, even though I do remember most of them.
I am a list maker, so I can't help myself.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use 1password to store those for other people’s websites I work on. Any personal ones I have memorized.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PITA. Required to change at work on a regular basis--and all the programs don't coincide with the other sooooooo multiple passwords…….frustration ensues. I usually remember, tho.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i once used my email password to sign in on the till at work
turned out one of my workmates was born the same year as Bruce Springsteen :doh:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
mine are written done and in a safe place so when I croak or get sicker wifey4vr can access everything.
We were talking about this the other day.. and she said she had forgotten I had done that and where they were....:wall::wall:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I write all of mine down in a notebook. I won’t store them on the phone in case hackers get into it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Keypass which is encrypted and password protected to store them on my PC.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a curse, I think. You should see my household folders, notebooks, store lists, appliance repair receipts, car repair receipts, etc. Oh, and my recipe files!
I never throw any papers away. I have it all organized......mostly.....:eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a curse, I think. You should see my household folders, notebooks, store lists, appliance repair receipts, car repair receipts, etc. Oh, and my recipe files!
I never throw any papers away. I have it all organized......mostly.....:eek2:
I’m pretty much the same..but I do have a file cabinet in my kitchen, that looks like furniture, that has an odd and end paper collection folder that contains odd stuff I can’t file...and don’t know what to do with but can’t throw it away...I may need it...:lol:It’s the equivalent to a junk drawer..but it’s in a file area...I also have a red plastic see through folder that has current prescription orders and pending important stuff...My husband is the same and can pull out a receipt for items bought from five years ago. When the credit card statement comes in he checks it off and that puts all the receipts inside the folded statement and puts a rubber band around it. I used to make fun of him until I needed to find an old receipt and there it was!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are a complete mishmash of junk. No way could my brain keep all of it straight, lol. I HATE passwords. On any given day I have to reset at least one. I find it almost comical that some sites that have no cc, no personal info require 10 characters, numbers, capitals, etc. Drives me crazy!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ones I made I remember, but the usernames some sites generate for me that I can’t change - I don’t because it was not my principle of generating them to start with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago I bought an address book to write all companies and sites for which I needed username and passwords. Having them alphabetical makes it quick to look up. Many have been scratched out over the years as I don't use some sites anymore or have changed passwords, so I have bought an internet address book to rewrite the ones I still use. I stay logged in to sites I visit often like PS, Amazon, email, etc. I am sure I have at least a couple hundred usernames and passwords, and there's no way I could remember then without having them written down. I'd never use a common password for any financial accounts.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Yes, to be clear, I use 1Password to not only store my passwords across devices but also generate secure, unique passwords per site. That way, if one site is breached, I only have to change the password on that site and not ALL of my passwords all over the internet.

It's way too easy nowadays to "hack" an account using a set of credentials (email address + password) after one breach. So, for example, if I used the same username and password on Dropbox and American Airlines, and then Dropbox gets hacked with my credentials exposed, a hacker could then get into my American Airlines account and use up my AAdvantage miles. Oye!

You can check to see if you may have been a victim of any breach here - https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Another freebie - turn on 2 factor authentication wherever you can. It's also breach-able but better than nothing. Some sites (like Google) are providing 2FA through their apps as well, which is more secure than a text message.

Anyhoo... back to sparkly things...

YES, this.

Y’all, seriously, if you’re not using a password managing app, get one now. 1Password is awesome. I’ve also heard great things about LastPass.

They will even generate secure passwords for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results