shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you please describe a hot flash?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likely perimenopause, but be aware there can be other causes for night sweats, including tuberculosis. Do you work in a nursing home, or could you have been exposed to anyone with TB?

Perimenopause.

There are myriad possible causes for night sweats, but only one probable cause! As a social worker who has practiced psychotherapy, I always told patients to check out physical symptoms with a medical doctor, even if I suspected that the cause was psychological. In this case, however, tuberculosis seems like the most farfetched of all possible causes, unless House cat works with TB patients or has a friend or relative with TB.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't have hot flashes for very long, but they gave me great anxiety because it was a full body reaction for me. I tended to stay home for a few days if I'd had an episode at any point during the week. I don't know why I had that link with a panic type response, but I did. I guess everyone reacts differently. I was completely finished with menopause at 50 though, and it's been great. It was fairly quick and painless, and no need for hrt. Just lots of cold water!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Throwing another theory out there. Are you taking supplements? When I take certain supplements I get a Niacin flush that feels like hot itchy fire ants. The B3 "source" wasn't agreeing with me. the rest of your symptoms sound like normal perimenopausal night sweats. I am 44 and have been having occasional night sweats for the past couple of years.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep sounds like them.

I get them when I'm on certain medications for a few days then they go away. The anti-nausea shot they give in hospitals is the worst one for me but the anti-nausea pills do it also just not as bad.
And yea I'm a guy :}
Did you start any new meds around the time it happened?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results