shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me grade the clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
I took out the 10x loupe provided by Whiteflash and had a look at my diamond. Being an "eye-clean" VS2, I would expect not to be able to see the inclusions with my naked eye. Thankfully, I couldn''t. But, though it takes me some time to locate the inclusions, I can baaaaaarely see the pinpoints under the table. Honestly, I thought they''d be easier to locate, given the somewhat apparent concentrated pinpoints in the AGS certificate. Could you look at the cert and tell me if this indeed looks like a VS2? What would it take for this to be considered an SI1? Would their need to be more inclusions, or inclusions closer to the girdle?

Thanks

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-174059.htm#

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
This is only based on my personal experience looking at different certs, as well as seeing my own stones with a loupe, etc.

From my experiences, VS2 inclusions are smaller than SI1 inclusions, and/or more difficult to see or locate with a loupe. Yes, that cert looks like one for a VS2. Some SI1 certs I''ve seen seem to have inclusions that are larger/more apparent. Longer feathers and/or bigger crystals, etc.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry, no. need an appraiser.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a fairly small cluster of pinpoint inclusions. If they''re white/colorless, that could easily be the determining factor for the grade. If the pinpoints were dark colored, that might have been an entirely different story.

You have to keep in mind that Cert plots are not exact replica drawings of the inclusions in any diamond. A Cert plot more or less serves as a reference for identification purposes. There''s a cluster of pinpoints here. A feather there. A cloud there. Where your Cert plot may show 6-8 tiny dots, the cluster of pinpoints could actually be 20, 50, or more, pinpoints. And only larger ones are actually seen with a 10X loupe.

Also, I think Celina said the other day, in a WF webinar,.......... Eye clean to WF is considered when viewing at 25 centimeters. That''s roughly 10 inches distance. So if you whip out your ruler and you can''t see the inclusions at 10 inches while inspecting the diamond, it''s not likely that anyone giving the ring a cursory glance will see them either.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info everybody. I just shipped it off to Pearlman''s, who will forward it to Scott Kay for setting.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results