shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you help me figure out an OEC cluster design

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I am considering creating an OEC cluster pendant. The center stone is a 5.98-6.14 mm OEC that I already own. I have found two pieces with OEC stones that I would salvage for the project. One has 2mm stones and the other 3 mm. I am terrible at this kind of thing - can anyone tell me how many 2 mm stones I would need? How many 3 mm stones if I went that direction?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can provide clear enough photos of all involved, and an inspiration pic of what you’d like
I can try?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I so appreciate your offer. I actually was able to find a few pieces on PS that answered my question. But thank you!

Can you share with us how many 2 or 3mm stones you needed? I'd love a cluster in the future and it would be good to know :)

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Can you share with us how many 2 or 3mm stones you needed? I'd love a cluster in the future and it would be good to know :)

Yes! This thread answered my question with respect to 3 mm stones (10). And the piece with 2 mm stones SOLD (and it only had 10, which is how many 3 mm stones there are) so, that became irrelevant!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually the jeweler can often get by with one or two fewer stones in the halo if they leave a small gap between each one.

Most certainly.
but if you are going for a specific look, this can give you unexpected consequences if it’s not sussed out.

And I have since learned that requesting a halo vs a cluster can result in VERY different looks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results