shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we talk Thank-You Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted to purchase a "Thank You" parasol to take pictures with on our wedding day, then use the pic in thank-you cards.

But then I got to thinking... don''t you send out thank-you cards as you receive gifts? I think etiquette is within two weeks, right?

So what do you use the thank-you cards for after the wedding? I mean, obviously there will be a handful of people who bring gifts/cards to the wedding... but still.

I''m confused!
33.gif

So I guess my question is... what kind of Thank-You cards are you getting before the wedding, and are you creating new Thank-You cards after the wedding... or do you think it''s a waste?

I''ll attach a picture of the parasol idea.

thankyouparis.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I like that idea too, but you''re right about the etiquette. We only got a few gifts before the wedding, and it was only a couple of weeks before, so we waited to send thanks until after. This probably goes against rules, but maybe you could do verbal thanks to the early gift givers then send the formal written ones after the wedding? Just an idea.
2.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is lovely to send a thank you card to ALL guests who attended your wedding to thank them for their support in attending, whether or not they send a gift. It is a really nice and thoughtful gesture. If they send a gift later, you can send them another, different card. Or, if they send a gift early, they get a different card, too.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We had thank you cards made after our wedding and we sent them to everyone who gave us gifts, and everyone who attended the wedding.

We had plenty left over and I didn''t want to throw them away...sooooo...

The traditional first year anniversary gift is paper. I am working on putting together our photo albums for our parents and ourselves as well as a separate photo album of our travels. We had asked all of our guests to send us all their photos and I put them all together to make one big album of our trip to the Dominican (without the wedding photos).

I am still not done, but we are sending one to each person (or family) that came on our wedding trip as a gift to them. Our parents are getting both the trip album and our wedding album and we are using the thank you cards for that!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered special thank you cards with our names on it. Since it was technically monogram, I didn''t use it until after the wedding, so I purchased cute wedding thank you''s from Target and used those up until the wedding day.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We did something similar and wrote thank you on a vintage chalkboard with the intention of using it for our thank you cards. Anyway, we waited and sent out all the thank you''s for wedding gifts after the wedding. Technically if they aren''t shower gifts I believe you are supposed to wait to the wedding to open the gifts so I don''t think people expect a thank you until after the wedding.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don''t wait to send out thank you cards until after the wedding. It''s a bit rude, and if people are sending the gifts to you they will either be concerned that your gift didn''t reach you, or they''ll think you simply do not appreciate it enough to write a thank you note.

We used thank you cards without our names printed on them so we could send them out as soon as people sent gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results