shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we post videos now?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to upload a video of the J OEC I have. I don't remember the rules for videos. Can someone help me out? Thank you:)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Click on the video icon in the reply field; it lists the sites from which you can embed videos. Or you can just copy and paste the link from one of those sites and it willl automatically post as a video. At least that's how it worked when I c & p one from youtube yesterday.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Click on the video icon in the reply field; it lists the sites from which you can embed videos. Or you can just copy and paste the link from one of those sites and it willl automatically post as a video. At least that's how it worked when I c & p one from youtube yesterday.
Thanks for explaining, I had this question, too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now we can upload videos of our jewelry on SMTB?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've asked admin to answer the question here.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.09.15 PM.png

I see now this is a very good questions because clicking the media icon results in this pop up window, which seems to indicate we can link to Youtube.

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.08.37 PM.png

Still the question remains, can these be videos we personally did not make/host, or can we now post links to videos we made and are stored under our personal Youtube account.
But it was physically possible to link to any Youtube videos before the recent PS upgrade (personal/illegal and commercial/legal).
I would not assume the above listing of Youtube means personal Youtube videos can now be linked to.

Unfortunately my Youtube account lists my full name, so I'd never post a link to a video I placed onto Youtube.

Ella?
Andrey?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I see now this is a very good questions because clicking the media icon results in this pop up window, which seems to indicate we can link to Youtube.

Still the question remains, can these be videos we personally did not make/host, or can we now post links to videos we made and are stored under our personal Youtube account.
Unfortunately my Youtube account lists my full name, so I'd never post a link to a video I placed onto Youtube.

Ella?
Andrey?
Kenny...can you change it to a screen name?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...can you change it to a screen name?
I have no idea.

Even if I could, I wouldn't consider that safe enough to protect myself from the criminal intent given what I've posted here.
As long as my real full name is on the acct I suspect any 12 yr old could find my real name.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

But it was physically possible to link to any Youtube videos before the recent PS upgrade (personal/illegal and commercial/legal).
I would not assume the above listing of Youtube means personal Youtube videos can now be linked to.

Ella?
Andrey?

At this time, we do not allow personal YouTube videos.

Once most of the the bugs and current issues are resolve, we are have planning to add a video feature. This feature that will allow a member to upload a video from a smartphone or computer to a PriceScope Youtube channel directly from the post.

This will allow them to stay anonymous and give us moderation control.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Andrey. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this time, we do not allow personal YouTube videos.

Once most of the the bugs and current issues are resolve, we are have planning to add a video feature. This feature that will allow a member to upload a video from a smartphone or computer to a PriceScope Youtube channel directly from the post.

This will allow them to stay anonymous and give us moderation control.
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
As Andrey said, no personal videos. But if it is a video filmed and hosted by a vendor, that is fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results