shape
carat
color
clarity

Can we have another "I''m sick of my hair" thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
The last one of these threads I remember was from back before Gypsy''s wedding so its been a while.

For the last two years I''ve been trying to grow out my hair and in this last year, with the wedding coming up, I''ve hesitated to cut it. It is now longer than it has been since I can remember and it is driving. me. insane.

Seriously insane!

I have heavy, thick curly/wavy hair and it takes forever to dry. When I shower at night, after going to the gym, it sits on my neck and back, wet, for the rest of the evening. It really needs a trim right now, and I''m sure it will be a million times better after the trim, but ugh! So sick of it.

I''m sure I''m not the only person feeling this way!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I know EXACTLY what you''re going through - I was just bemoaning my hair today! You will definitely feel a lot better after a trim. I know I can''t wait to get it cut super short and cute after the wedding
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m sick of my hair NEVER GROWING. It hasn''t budged an inch since college or so. What did I do to make it permanently this length? I just want long, beautiful hair for my wedding (I don''t think I can afford extensions, sadly).

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain! I grew my hair out to the middle of my back it was just plain ratty recently. I cut it off to my shoulders now that the whole wedding thing is done. Wow did that feel good! I grew my hair out for about a year before the wedding.

Hang in there, you can lop it all off afterwards!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Me too, Erica! My hair is just past the bottom of my shoulder blades for the first time in a long time, and it''s thick and curly and never dries without the help of a blow dryer. I''m trying to grow it out for the wedding so I can have hairstyle options. I''ve always shed a lot of hair around the house, but now that it''s so long it seems to be EVERYWHERE!

I don''t hate my hair by any means, I just wish sometimes that it were easier to manage.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I hear you on the shedding!!! On a fairly regular basis I have to turn my vacuum over and cut all the hair off the beater bar. It is always so full of hair that it is gross!

I usually wear my hair short, in layers, with the longest layers barely brushing my shoulders. Right now it is down to my brastrap, so a huge difference in lenght. At least I don''t have to worry about it NOT growing (sorry kittybean!).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say go get a trim and a few long layers! That should get rid of some hair so it won''t be so heavy and thick. I''ve been growing my hair out for about 2 years also so I feel your pain! I had super short hair (short like I used to trim the sides of my hair with clippers!) for about 10 years before I started growing it out so I am not used to dealing with any hair!

I''ve gotten about 3 haircuts in the last 2 years but every time I cut my hair it feels so good and it only ever looks shorter for a couple of days. Plus if you have tons of hair isn''t it harder to put up? I''m no hairdressing expert but I would imagine that at some point, a lot of hair becomes too much hair!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I am so tired of my hair! I told FI we might have to find a salon on our honeymoon so I can get it chopped.
9.gif

I just got 4 inches cut off because it was driving me crazy.. but I can''t tell a difference.

ETA: 4 months from today! I have so much to do.. but 4 more months with my hair?
32.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 11:56:16 AM
Author: thing2of2
Plus if you have tons of hair isn''t it harder to put up? I''m no hairdressing expert but I would imagine that at some point, a lot of hair becomes too much hair!

This is a good point. When I was little (and my hair was even thicker) I had hair almost to my waist. Even though I got it cut regularly every hairstylist hated me because I had so much hair, and it took them forever just to trim it. And then when I went to my prom, even though my hair wasn''t that long, it was really heavy so I had like twice the usual number of hairpins and twice the usual amount of hairspray.
2.gif

But I''m not sure if I''m going to wear my hair up or down, yet. I think my face looks better with me hair down, but I''m getting married in June so I don''t know if it''ll just be too hot/humid. I figure I can always cut it shorter if need be.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you, except that my hair is short, short, short. It hasn''t been long since I was in the 8th grade, and back then, I didn''t even realize how long it was. :sigh: My last year of college I grew it out to about my collar bones, maybe a bit longer, and then during a weak moment I had it all chopped off
20.gif
I felt like it wasn''t growing & never would & I was beyond frustrated with it...

Looking back at my college yearbook from senior year, however, I can see that it WAS getting long. If only I would have held out on cutting it... It''d be the perfect length right now.

I''m torn between growing mine out (in a years time it won''t be THAT long... It''s a bit above my shoulders right now), and just whacking it all & wearing a cute, short, curly style (Ala Marilyn Monroe) for the wedding. Who knows.

We always what we don''t have, isn''t that right? When it comes to hair, anyway.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long is it now? You know, I grew out my hair too (well, it was already long, I keep it very long, I just avoided cutting it even more than usual
3.gif
) and at my trial my stylist said "Wow, this is going to be tough since your hair is SO long!" If you''re doing any kind of updo it''s actually a hindrance. Though if it''s going to be down, that''s obviously different.

Sorry you''re getting annoyed at it! Try to embrace it, try out different ways of styling it that you''ve never done before since you''ve always kept it shorter.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I just cut my long hair from about my shoulder blades to my shoulders...maybe that''s wrong but it was 4 inches...and now I wish I had it back!!! That''s probably due to a poor stylist.
29.gif
See Hangout thread from last week. Hahaha. She wrecked my bangs. Wrecked!!

LOL grass is always greener, right?

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I hated my hair. I didn''t want to cut it before the wedding, and it was a tangly, nasty, mousy mess! Oh, and the shedding -- ridiculous! I cut chin length 2 days after the wedding, and I feel so FREE!!!! When is your wedding? How much more of this hair hell do you have to endure?

If your hair is not too damaged, I would get a trim.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 2:06:31 PM
Author: musey
How long is it now? You know, I grew out my hair too (well, it was already long, I keep it very long, I just avoided cutting it even more than usual
3.gif
) and at my trial my stylist said ''Wow, this is going to be tough since your hair is SO long!'' If you''re doing any kind of updo it''s actually a hindrance. Though if it''s going to be down, that''s obviously different.

I was just in my sister''s wedding and my stylist said the same thing. Too much hair to work with is more of a problem! I have shoulder length hair and she said it was so easy to style.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I want to wear my hair down for my wedding - we are getting married on the beach and I think it will look great. I''m not so worried about trying to get all of my hair into an updo.

I just called my stylist and left a message asking for an appointment. Just a trim for now, then I''ll schedule another apt for a few weeks before the wedding for a final cut and color.

Just 99 days of hair hell left...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results