shape
carat
color
clarity

Can This Ring Be Resized Bigger Safely?

Stanley98765

Rough_Rock
Hi, I inherited this diamond and platinum ring from my great aunt and gave it to my girlfriend a number of years ago. It's now too tight on her finger, starting to cut off circulation, and I'm looking into having it enlarged for her. I've done quite a bit of reading but am confused as to whether it's safe for the ring, or even possible to resize a ring like this. Before heading to a jewelry store I wanted to at least know a little bit about the subject, so any thoughts would be helpful. Than DSCN1851.JPG k you. DSCN1848.JPG DSCN1849.JPG

headlight

Ideal_Rock
How much does it need to go up in size?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring!

It depends how big it needs to go up in size, one may be two should be doable.

Best to ask a competent bench for advice as they should know.

DK :))

Stanley98765

Rough_Rock
I guess what I'd say is she has to work pretty hard to get it off and on but is still able to do it. I had read something that said if the stones are not held by prongs then resizing can cause the stones to fall out? I don't see any prongs which is why I asked.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it only needs resizing one or two sizes, it shoudn’t be a problem. My antique platinum.ring has been resized 3 sizes without any issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the bench person to make sure. Since you just need to resize it a small amount it should be safe but we cannot say for sure and a competent bench needs to evaluate it to let you know with confidence it will be OK. Lovely ring by the way. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results