shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone run a DiamCalc Report on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3Richmond

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

After two months of reading the forum, I''ve learned more than I could have imagined about diamonds. I finally engaged a vendor in the following stone.
The diamond is being evaluated by the vendor''s gemologist tomorrow. Mainly I want him to confirm that it matches the AGS cert and that it''s eye clean. I would love to see a DiamCalc report if anyone has time to run one. All comments are welcomed and expect : )

Here''s the information:

AGS Cert
Carat: 1.056
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Meas: 6.57 x 6.60 x 4.04
Depth %: 61.4
Table %: 55.6
Pav Angle: 40.9
Crown Angle: 34.5
Polish: Ideal
Symm: Ideal
Proportion: Ideal
Culet: .8
Girdle Thin to Medium

Scored 1.5 - Excellent - within TIC range on HCA (E,E,VG,VG)

Final Grade using DIY Cut Grading - 1A

Thanks for your help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
3Richmond, welcome to the forum
1.gif

to view it.[/u]

Attachments

• 3Richmond.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 30

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is another possibility based on the same basic data.

Peace,
Rhino

Attachments

• 3Richmond02gem.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 29

3Richmond

Rough_Rock
Leonid & Rhino - THANKS!

I've spent the past two hours studying the GEM files. What an amazing tool! At first I had no idea what I was looking at and viewing the samples and my GEM file I slowly started to pull together the information I've learned.

This may seem basic to you but a Eureka moment for me was being able to see a diamond with Ideal proportion reflect more light back than a poorly proportioned diamond. The poorly cut stone looked smaller because there was light loss around the outer facets. An ideal cut stone reflects light back from the full face of the stone.

Rhino - What did you do differently to create the second GEM file?
I noticed the following:

1)Light leakage and contrast was "good" as compared to "very good" in Leonid's file

2) Leonid's file appeared to be brighter with larger piece of light rflecting from the stone.

3) Your file had smaller pieces of light reflecting back. Is there more scintillation in the way you modelled the stone?

4) The center star or spears are larger in Rhino's file than in Leonid's. Why is this?

Lastly, in your opinion, would I go wrong by purchasing this diamond? From what I can understand it should look above average in person. Would you agree?

Thanks so much! This has been fun.

3richmond_compare.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results