shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone please help with my proposal idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Well I guess I will start by saying that this is my first post to this board because I have just started entertaining the idea of asking my girl friend to marry me. I would really appreciate your opinions and ideas on proposal ideas.

Background- We have been together more than a year and one thing that we have both really enjoyed is keeping a scrapbook of everything we have done together. I know it may seem insignificant but it is important to both of us because it is a collection of all our memories, we even refer to it as our baby…lol. The reason I’m telling you this is because I would like to somehow propose to her using the scrapbook.

My idea- Our first scrapbook is completely full so I am in charge of starting a new book. My idea is to take her out to a romantic dinner and at desert let her look over the new scrapbook. The first 5 pages or so will just be normal stuff that we have done then I will have about to pages professing my love for her and how much she means to me and the last page will be a wedding themed page beautifully decorated and asking if she will marry me. As soon as she gets to the page and realizes I will get down on one knee and propose.

Questions- I know she wants a nice romantic story to tell her friends and our kids later in life so I want to make it as memorable as possible. I would like to know what you guys think of this idea and if anyone has any idea for spicing it up.

Mari

Rough_Rock
I think it is a great way to propose, it'll be unique to you two, and involve something that obviously means a lot to both of you.

Bass12

Rough_Rock
It sounds awesome, what a great idea. However, it might be a little bizarre to bring the picture book out to dinner with you. Will she be wondering about why you brought your scrap book into public? It might be more natural to cook a candlelight dinner at your place and then bring up the fact that you've updated the book....something along those lines.
good luck!

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
You brought up a good point about it being weird for me wanting to take the scrapbook to dinner with us…lol Plus I don’t know what I would say is to why I wanted to wait till the end of dinner. I liked your idea about having a nice dinner at home but we both live in places where it wouldn’t be reasonable. Well I guess back to the drawing board. The scrapbook thing was just an idea but I’m open to any kind of proposal ideas

warehouse1990

Rough_Rock
i like the idea. just find a quiet restaurant and ask for a table in the corner. Call ahead and let the host/hostess know what is going on.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Here's an idea, if you were planning to propose on bended knee or the like. Leave the last page blank, but make a frame or decorate it in such a way to prompt her to ask you why something is missing. You can then ask her to complete your life by marrying you. Ask one of the restaurant staff to secretly take a polaroid or your proposal. That way, you will have a picture to complete your scrapbook that she will always have to share with your children!

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
That is a very good idea. I’m still trying to work out all the detail in my mind but I really like the idea. Thank you very much
appl.gif

HollyGo-Lightly

Rough_Rock
Or how about dressing up and having a friend set op lots of candles and flower petals on the floor, and TAKE A PICTURE of you on bended kneww with a ring box in your hand.

Seal it in an envelope, and after dinner, tell her you have a new picture to add to your scrapbook, and you were hoping that there would be a lot more of them to come...

Then have someone take the picture of the proposal maybe to put in there as well...Maybe a waiter of random friend could help you get a face shot of her expression and then a side view of it happening...?

Good luck, sounds lovely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results