clarity

Can Someone Explain This to Me?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see the same stone when I google. "Natural Green Tsavorite Garnet 1.26 ct." Can you provide the second link?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1303531345|2903172 said:
I don't see the same stone when I google. "Natural Green Tsavorite Garnet 1.26 ct." Can you provide the second link?
Its listed on the bistro.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jason Brim sells stones he buys from "Gem-Earth" (not a huge secret), so he's probably going to bid on that stone high enough so that he wins it, and he will then offer it for sale on that other site. He's probably super confident he'll win it. Why the carat weight is different, I can't tell you. A lot of gem dealers buy from Thai sellers and resell. Jason is pretty reputable.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, live and learn. I had no idea :shock: :???:

Thanks for explaining

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Who is Jason Brim?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jason is a gem stone vendor. Some people have bought stones from him and have been very pleased with it. He will obtain a lab report for any gem you buy for an added fee. I think Lady Disdain bought some Mahenge rough from him and had it cut by Dan Stair.

His website is selectgem.com, but he sells alot on FB as well. He's a really nice guy. He can obtain material for you as he has lots of different sources.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Well that's good to know :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So then what happens if he doesn't win the auctions, does he just pull the listing?

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
They're not the same stones. They look similar but they are different stones.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL! I have come across Selectgem, but I never knew who owned it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whatmeworry|1303610900|2903795 said:

Do you think that because there is a weight difference? Because the photos sure look to be identical, down to the reflection of light on the stones - pretty hard to duplicate that for two different stones...

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1303675224|2904155 said:
whatmeworry|1303610900|2903795 said:

Do you think that because there is a weight difference? Because the photos sure look to be identical, down to the reflection of light on the stones - pretty hard to duplicate that for two different stones...

The weight difference, the different lab reports, in the face up view it's pretty clear that they are different stones. Yes the table down picture looks similar, but if you look closely they are not the same photos.

But if stones are faceted the same way and you have the same lighing and camera setup you would get similar looking pictures. Look at the photos of diamonds from the same vendor, a lot of the photos look to be the same because of the consistent photographic setup , consistent patterning of the diamonds, yet the diamonds themselves are different.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, I have bought many stones from Jason, including the Mahenge rough that was cut by Dan. I have always been very satisfied with his stones, his policies and his answers to my questions.

Because of PS policies, I can't comment these stones specifically, unfortunately. My advice would be to look carefully at the proportions on the certificates and on the face up photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results