shape
carat
color
clarity

Can purple/green work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
My sweetie and I really really wanted a pink/green wedding but since we are getting married in a very green park, we didn''t want green dresses for our BMs. And I was never a fan of pink dressses (I love pink as an accent but not as a main color). So, we chose victorian lilac for bm dress colors and it has proven to be a good choice thus far.

Do you fantastic PSers think we could have a lilac/green wedding and have the same sharp, happy effect that pink n green have? In my head it sounds like a fantastic compromise and FI loves green but, as always, I am creatively challenged (seriously!!) so I wondered if anyone else is doing this and has some inspiration pics to go with the thought?

I need pics for validation apparently lol.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Our colors are cream, dark green, royal purple/lavender with accents of black lace here and there....

This is a good inspiration for what you''re thinking using an olive green...which is a runner up for my "green" shade...

large_image-4.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
nother one I like

large_image-12.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
loooove this cake design with green/purple!

large_image-8.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
not exactly what you or I are thinking here, but I like seeing how purple dresses and green bouquets would work.

If you want it to "pop"more I would add some royal purple/jewel toned highlights and keep it from descending into pale lavender/pale green pastel ship of DOOM. Some people like that, but it doesn''t have that poppy effect you''re talking about.

large_image-7.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
and yes, I am a Knot picture junkie.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
There''s an article in the current Better Homes and Gardens wedding magazine about backyard weddings, but the one that they feature is green and purple:

l_WeddingBatch1_017.jpg

Article, and more pictures

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 6:07:38 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
Our colors are cream, dark green, royal purple/lavender with accents of black lace here and there....

This is a good inspiration for what you''re thinking using an olive green...which is a runner up for my ''green'' shade...
Pretty boxes, I think the colors work great! I think as long as the purple is more of an eggplant, I think you''ll be fine. I think it might look funny if the purple is too bright.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I was a BM in one of my friend''s weddings, and we wore lavender dresses and carried purple and green bouquets...it was lovely! I liked the paler purple for the dresses, because it felt light and great for the outdoors. But she spiced it up by using darker purple in the bouquets...with greenery. I will see if I can find a pic, but I highly recommend this combo!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I like purple and green a lot, in fact, they are our colors so perhaps I''m a bit biased! I''m thinking a darker purple (just b/c I''m not a huge pastel colored fan) and maybe a sage-like green.
I really like all the above pics that show the color combinations.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
oooohhhh I love the pictures and will always be grateful for them, Rainbowtrout and blenheim :) I''m relieved to see it doesn''t look putrid at all! I have to admit, it''s not quite the same striking contrast as pink and green, though. Our dresses are not quite bright enough to pull off that POP of color I think. They are more smoky medium purple (that''s what I say when trying to describe it anyway). The alfred angelo website (or my monitor?) has a horrible representation of the colors they offer because the dresses in person are just.......very warm in color and not at all grapey.

I''d have to pick a green that complimented that warm smokey purple.....so I''m gonna go find my alfred angelo swatch thing and see as I remember them having about 4 shades of green. But what I''m getting here is that instead of bright and striking it will look warm and complimentary. Hmmmm......those aren''t bad descriptions but maybe not what I was hoping.

What if, in the bouquets, I had pink and green and a few accentual purples to pick up the dress colors and then sort of phased out of the purple all together and used pink and green there on out? Maybe end up using the purple as an accent here and there but not really brining it back in any sort of big way? Is that too sneaky lol? Can I "sneak" a pink and green theme and still have lilace bm dresses?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
just M2C, but i think the pink might make things look a bit easter-ish (maybe that is a good thing?). The shade of purple in the flowers will probably not match the dresses exactly so there will be a couple shades of purple, the green and then the pink....a lot going on.
It may be possible, but i would just be cautious ;-)

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
What about chocolate brown and bright pink with green accents?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a muted purple with a sage green would be divine!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a jewel tone really rich purple would look great with a sage green. I think the trick is not to have them the same tone (one light and one dark would look better)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Jas12~ I am so against the easter look!! I really have said that to my BMs multiple times when they suggested having my colors be purple and pink. So, I see your point that that is alot of color to combine. I think what''s best is to have the bouquets be lilac and sage but have the lilac be very light.....like a lavendar....so that it has the same feeling as pink but just isn''t. This is an end of August wedding so I do want to brighten things up; I didn''t want to have colors darker than the dress.

Rainbow~ I love brown and pink themese, too :) But I don''t think the brown with the lilac dresses is what I want. I am looking for colors that would "save" my smokey lilac dresses from causing the wedding to look too "warm" if you know what I mean.

Firegoddess~ I''m leaning towards this combo I think.

Tacori~ Is this true? The tones should be opposite? I always assumed they should match in tone. When I see the pink/green themes, I feel they look best when they are both bright POPPING tones. Hmmm.........I''ll have to look into this !!! Thank you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there is no "right way." When I design lay-outs I personally like the contrast of a light and dark tone. I think it is elegant. Sometimes I think it is hard for the eye to read different colors when they are all the same tone. I know apple green and hot pink (or tones around there) is a popular color combo. To me it is a more causal look. It is really up to you. Also I think you can work with different tones of the same color (like I did different shades of purple flowers to give depth) but I think for the major things, linens, bm dresses, paper...I would choose the tones carefully.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the combination of a darker purple with sage green OR a lavender with a lighter/brighter green. Either scheme could have other shades of purple as accents. I will say that the darker tones seem more August-y to me; lighter tones seem more spring friendly.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the idea of lime greens with purples. or using the greens in florals and things like lime cymbidiums with white (white is a great mediator of color) as the 'greens' then accenting with purples. this wedding we were just at had a ton of green in things like linens and greenery on the tables (branches, cymbidiums in lime and white etc) tied in with browns (the branches and similar) and then accented with purples like see through purple stemware etc...and it was really cool. they just used the colors as an accent though, not all purple and green. if that makes sense.

E B

Ideal_Rock
What about having smokey purple and a deep, rich purple as your two colors with green as the accent? Your bouquets could have soft purples, dark purples and a bt of soft greenery. Maybe you could add a deep purple sash to your bridesmaid dresses, or have the bouquets tied in deep purple.

Just a thought.
2.gif
I love the idea of using different shades of the same color.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
I really like those colors together!! I also LOVE those boxes! Wow! Especially since since you are getting married outside, it will look amazing!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great finds, rainbowtrout! I think those colors look fantastic together.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
We were just looking thru the American Wedding catalog for invitation ideas and came across these:

The purple fabric the invitations sit atop are the exact color of my bm dresses and that green just looks so fantastic!! The silver daisy is perfect too because I''d love to put lots of sliver detail througout the wedding.

enchanteddaisy invitations.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results