shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I take matches in my carry-on bag on the plane?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m making my packing list for the honeymoon and one of the items my fiance and I would like to bring are some candles & matches. But we are going totally carry-on and I don''t know if they will get through security. We are going to a remote Carribbean Island with no stores, so I can''t buy them there....

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
No...although I forgot and had them in there and made it through the security in Vegas...
33.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Two weeks ago when I was at the airport there were signs all over the place stating what you can''t have in your carry-ons and matches was one of them.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at the list and it looks like you can bring 4 books of regular matches, not strike-anywhere matches, in your carry on. You are NOT allowed to put them in your checked luggage.

However, I suggest that you print out this list to bring it with you as I have had two pairs of tweezers and a cuticle cutter taken away from me, eventhough they are on the approved list.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I don''t understand security at all!!! I wish that they would have consistency at least. I was searched (yes...behind the door) when I went from one province in Alberta to another (British Columbia). I go to Dallas a month later and they didn''t even check my identification! I have that look about me I guess.

No resort in the world is so remote that they will not have some form of match. The candles...maybe not, but you could travel to Lake Titicaca in Peru and someone will be able to give you a condom...let alone a match:) I have also heard that you can''t bring them on board.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 10:53:39 AM
Author:IslandDreams
I''m making my packing list for the honeymoon and one of the items my fiance and I would like to bring are some candles & matches. But we are going totally carry-on and I don''t know if they will get through security. We are going to a remote Carribbean Island with no stores, so I can''t buy them there....
Do you think the resort would have matches? Like even just at their restaurnat or something? Might be an easy way to avoid that all.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a plain old bic lighter???

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 3:29:20 PM
Author: kaleigh
What about a plain old bic lighter???
Lighters are definitely not allowed on carry-ons... I''m also thinking they''re not allowed in checked bags either.
It''s a relatively new thing.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I would just put a book or two in your pocket. They don''t have any metal, so they shouldn''t set off the detector when you walk through it. They don''t pat you down (at least I never have been), they just run the little handheld thing over you, so it shouldn''t be detected. What do you think?

When I flew to Dublin last month, I forgot to take my nail clippers and scissors out of my carry on. They didn''t even stop me! I don''t know if they just didn''t see it, but I was happy because I didn''t get them taken away!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I''d just avoid any issues and get the matches at the resort...Soulsis is right--SOMEONE there will have matches. Flying is stressful enough--simplify!
2.gif
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I contacted the resort and they DO have matches. So, I won''t bring those. Now, will my candles pose a problem? I just want to bring some small tea light candles. Nothing big.....I didn''t see candles on the TSA list.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
You should have no problem at all bringing candles.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know you cant buy them thre but do you really want to take up your packing room with candles? Also they may not look so pretty after having travled a bit. Call the hotel and ask if they can have some waiting for ya''ll or perhaps you could USPS them there and they coudl be waiting for you. Remember there is always that chance that anything you have with you will be unloaded on a table in front of a ton of strangers to be sprayed and wiped down. If you have anything that needs to be a surprise or you just dotn want God and country seeing it mail it ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results