shape
carat
color
clarity

CAN I RESUSCITATE TALKS ABOUT (3/4 and full) ETERNITY RINGS?

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I've long time creeped on this forum and constantly used it as a basis of both understanding and comparison. Recently we purchased a double row 3/4 eternity ring for my wedding band. I do not have an engagement ring b/c I'm not fond of the look of them for me and the only ring that "spoke" to me was the eternity style. Hubby was super insecure to consider online shopping of this nature an option so we went to a B&M. I've custom ordered a 18kt yellow gold double row 3/4 eternity ring with a U setting. The diamond specs are: 20 diamonds that are .25ct each (for a grand total of 5ctw), SI1 clarity, E color. I mildly haggled and finished with a price of $6100. Is this a good deal???? Am I going to LOVE this ring? I am not normally an indecisive person but because I've never been a girl that daydreamed about marriage... Every step of the material "symbolic gesture" part of marriage has been challenging. I still have no idea what my ceremony will even look like or what type of garb I'm getting married in and we've already booked our airline tickets (we're doing a destination elopement/honeymoon to Hawaii)... The ring will be finished in about 4 weeks and I constantly have obsessive concerns about, I don't even know why?!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CAN I RESUSCITATE TALKS ABOUT (3/4 and full) ETERNITY RI

There's no way to know if it's a "good deal" without knowing the diamond quality. By diamond quality I mean more than color and clarity but also cut. Did you try on a sample of what this ring will be like? I think it might be very thick and potentially uncomfortable.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock

I'm sorry. They are brilliant cut diamonds and the cut is noted as excellent. I have large hands (size eight) and I wanted definite "presence" which is why I chose .25 diamonds... The stock ring that I tried on had .15 diamonds and was somewhat lack-lusture on my sausage fingers.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock

I currently wear a large Albion style David Yurman ring on that finger everyday, so I didn't really think it would be an issue to replace it with another sizeable ring... The jeweler expressed some comfort concern about going with 25 point diamonds. I was a hard head though.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Best bet is to take to a PS approved independent appraiser once you receive it, then you'll know if you paid a fair price. Is there any type of return policy if you are not satisfied? You can search for an appraiser under the resources tab above. There is a big difference between .15 and .25, especially in a double row. Hopefully it will be comfortable!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FeFeV|1482975924|4110213 said:
I currently wear a large Albion style David Yurman ring on that finger everyday, so I didn't really think it would be an issue to replace it with another sizeable ring... The jeweler expressed some comfort concern about going with 25 point diamonds. I was a hard head though.

It's not so much the thickness but the height that it will be raised off of your finger and in between your fingers, that it the part people often complain about with large eternities.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock

This is exactly one of the things that keeps me in an insomniac state thinking about this darn ring every night. Smh... I've looked at so many single row one's on this site that are 25 pointers and the height is something that naggs me too... Ugh, I really wanna just love this ring. I don't ever want an upgrade.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock

Yep! There's a 30 day return policy and free diamond replacement for life... These caveats are what sold my hubby to shop at this location (Diamonds Direct).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FeFeV|1482976520|4110217 said:
Yep! There's a 30 day return policy and free diamond replacement for life... These caveats are what sold my hubby to shop at this location (Diamonds Direct).
Even on a custom item, and they'll replace a .25ct stone for free? Usually those types of policies are for stock pieces and for diamond melee, I would def confirm these policies in writing before you accept the piece at all.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock

I really appreciate how thorough you are with helping me :angel:
So yeah... My husband is very very analytical and questions EVERYTHING. He actually requested their policies before we started designing the ring. Also, I'm working directly with their store manager/master jeweler and he assured us at least 1000 times of the return & replacement... He's also the person who discounted our cost when I kinda pushed for it. I guess my biggest concern is that I'm actually getting a good deal and not being simply sold the concept that I'm being deeply discounted. All of my friends have traditional sets with an E-Ring and band so that isn't much reference. I've stayed drastically under the whole "3 months salary" (laughable in my opinion) ring budget concept... But I am a deal addict so I guess my biggest worry is that I got the best for the amount that I wanted to spend on an everyday ring that is also a "fancy" piece too.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly the only "good deals" come from buying pre-owned pieces. You just want to make sure you are getting what you paid for. When the piece is complete take it to a PS approved independent appraiser as I mentioned earlier. They can confirm the quality of the stones and setting and tell you if you paid a fair price. As for the policies, verbal reassurances mean NOTHING. We've seen many come through here after being burned, you need it in writing that they will replace .25ct stones "for life".

And it's my pleasure to help! This is your dream ring and it should be what you want!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results