shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I please just find a bathing suit that''s LONG enough!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 5''10". I''m not THAT tall.

I''m on return #4 now.

Of LONG TORSO suits.

I just had a baby a year ago. I need a whole bathing suit. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Newport News has suits for tall/long torso. Also try Spiegel.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 1:58:49 AM
Author:LuckyTexan
I''m 5''10''. I''m not THAT tall.

I''m on return #4 now.

Of LONG TORSO suits.

I''m 5''8"..I think a couple more inches is tall! I have a long torso, and YES finding one piece swimsuits that don''t pull this way and that way..and actually reach..is a task for sure! That is why I choose to wear tankini''s! The two piece moves more with you, more comfortable, however, gives you the coverage you need ! After a C-section (vertical incision), strecthmarks, and now a surgery that has left me with 4 "bullet holes" in my mid section, I need the coverage. There are many tank styles that give you the support of a bikini top, yet a little longer (some tops come all the way down to pretty much meet the bathing suit bottom), thus providing coverage for the mid section!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think lands end has suits for you. www.landsend.com

Linda

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hello... ('only') 5'5" with a 29" inseam here
35.gif
The Old Navy 'short' jeans are too long on me. One piece bathing costumes hurt but I don't have the body confidence for a bikini
20.gif

I find Speedos a little bit better than most, although still a bit uncomfortable on the girls.

I worry all the time about the girls falling out or about the suit turning into a thong at any given moment
23.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
you might try miricle suits. They are for weight loss, but because of the extra lycra, they are much smaller around than an average suit. I bought a size 8 when I am a 0 becuase my friend told me it would feel small and it does. This might give you the length you need without being huge.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I have a long torso so I know what a pain it is with these many short bathing suits. What worked for me was to go to the tankini style: a pant plus a tank top suit. So comfortable and problem solved!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think you are tall! But I am very short
2.gif
I don''t know how you are feeling but I am so unhappy with my body 8 months after DD''s birth. I got a one piece at Everything But Water and it is very flattering. They have SOOOO many different styles I am sure they would have something that would look great on you! Good luck!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I really can''t say enough about Land''s End swimsuits. I believe that most Sears stores have Land''s End shops now so you can try them on before you buy.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 1:34:11 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Wow, I think you are tall! But I am very short
2.gif
I don''t know how you are feeling but I am so unhappy with my body 8 months after DD''s birth. I got a one piece at Everything But Water and it is very flattering. They have SOOOO many different styles I am sure they would have something that would look great on you! Good luck!
My baby just turned 1. Bathing suit season came too early for me!!! I''ve been pretty steady losing weight, but I had my first son just 17 months before my second... so I''m a mess! LOL! I have about 20 more to go and I''ll be back to wedding day size!

Your DD is so cute!!! Serious PINK envy!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 12:54:47 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 7/13/2008 1:58:49 AM
Author:LuckyTexan
I''m 5''10''. I''m not THAT tall.

I''m on return #4 now.

Of LONG TORSO suits.

I''m 5''8''..I think a couple more inches is tall! I have a long torso, and YES finding one piece swimsuits that don''t pull this way and that way..and actually reach..is a task for sure! That is why I choose to wear tankini''s! The two piece moves more with you, more comfortable, however, gives you the coverage you need ! After a C-section (vertical incision), strecthmarks, and now a surgery that has left me with 4 ''bullet holes'' in my mid section, I need the coverage. There are many tank styles that give you the support of a bikini top, yet a little longer (some tops come all the way down to pretty much meet the bathing suit bottom), thus providing coverage for the mid section!
I took your advice (and the advice of PP) and got a tankini from Newport News!!! I will update when it gets here! I''m excited!

I had 2 c-secs... thankfully I have minimal stretchmarks, and the little I have are going away thanks to the Avon stuff I got! It is even healing the OLD ones from my 15 year old growth spurt! Sorry for sounding like a commercial! LOL!

What did you have done that gave you 4 scars?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at A.B. Lambdin ?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Land''s End has an awesome one that a friend just showed me - it''s a tankini with rouching on the sides - to swim, you can tighten the rouching so it''s a little shorter, but then you can let out all the rouching for an adorable cover-up. And I believe Land''s End does talls. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lucky! Your boys are so cute (saw them in another thread) Do share this Avon secret! Where can I get some?!? Haha. It came too early for me too. Hope the suit works out. Otherwise you really should visit an Everything But Water. Miracle suits!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t have any suggestions, but a word of warning - victoria''s secret bathing suits "say" they come in ''extended torso'' sizes, but they are still pretty short. i''m only 5''6.5 but i have super short legs (delster - old navy short jeans are just about perfect for me!) and a long torso. i ordered their elongated torso tankini and it''s still super short on my tummy
7.gif
not that you mentioned that you were looking at any VS suits, but just wanted to throw that caution out there!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Yup, mimzy, I got one of those years ago. It''s a really pretty costume, but there''s still about a three inch gap from the end of the top to the start of the bottoms!!! We must be body doubles
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results