shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get your opinions on side stone size? Or should I halo it?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I bought some Chris CZs to play around with and get an idea for side stone size. I still want to utilize that $160 credit at Blue Nile before it expires so I figured maybe I could buy a side stone? The CZs I ordered are 6.5 mm, 6 mm, 5.6 mm, and 4 mm. The 6.5 is out of the question as my budget doesn’t allow for 2... nor would I want to wear 4.3 cts + whatever is in my band. Also, think I could do side diamonds in the G-H color ranges? Or should I halo it? I attached a photo of the halo I’d go with. I’d have it modified so it doesn’t have that gap.

C3C50CB5-6619-4FF4-A270-69697618B852.jpeg 78F503E7-6D61-447E-81A1-215F659B7444.jpeg 4EE0FECD-8B5B-4B88-8C47-73793B0CA3B9.jpeg 9538372E-176A-473E-A818-544F9AC0F6E8.jpeg 5DF4A6FD-144E-4F3D-8C1E-1C281B72D47E.jpeg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think if your goal is to create more contrast the halo will do a better job than the sidestones.

questions to ponder:

do you want a ring that big (halo)? maybe try a fakey cz ring in a similar shape to see how you feel about it (only pointing this out b/c i think you wrote the size was uncomfortable when you first got the stone)

what wasn't working about the original 3 stone setting (was it just that it couldn't be resized? if so,
can the sidestones from that one be recycled? - sorry i'm sure i missed some posts about it)

have your feelings about the main stone changed since you've had it in the tulip setting? still love the stone just want to call out the yellow? or not loving it so much?

ignore my post if it sounds too prescriptive, i went through something similar... originally wanted a halo but didn't want a ring that big so went for a solitaire. still sometimes wish for the contrast but it felt ostentatious to me at the time ... i care less what other people think now but i also really got to like my setting so who knows ;-)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
i think if your goal is to create more contrast the halo will do a better job than the sidestones.

questions to ponder:

do you want a ring that big (halo)? maybe try a fakey cz ring in a similar shape to see how you feel about it (only pointing this out b/c i think you wrote the size was uncomfortable when you first got the stone)

what wasn't working about the original 3 stone setting (was it just that it couldn't be resized? if so,
can the sidestones from that one be recycled? - sorry i'm sure i missed some posts about it)

have your feelings about the main stone changed since you've had it in the tulip setting? still love the stone just want to call out the yellow? or not loving it so much?

ignore my post if it sounds too prescriptive, i went through something similar... originally wanted a halo but didn't want a ring that big so went for a solitaire. still sometimes wish for the contrast but it felt ostentatious to me at the time ... i care less what other people think now but i also really got to like my setting so who knows ;-)

If the diamond was smaller I probably would have halo’d it already. Although while I thought it was massive before it feels a little more normal now. I do still hide my hand when we go to certain places though.

The semi bezels aren’t easily resizable and since I’d have to remake it to be sizable I’d want bigger sides if I go the 3 stone route. I do love me a nice 3 stone but I think the sides it has now are a little smaller for my liking.

A CZ ring would be a great idea to try out. I like my stone enough to keep it (without taking a huge loss on it). I think I’m going to just keep this and maybe buy an OEC later. I really want an OEC but this diamond is super sparkly too so I’ll survive lol.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Vote for Halo.

Or yellow sidestones / epaulettes (a little brave)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Vote for Halo.

Or yellow sidestones / epaulettes (a little brave)

I actually ended up seeing this online and might do this but with a high karat bezel. 54063400-8252-406D-98EC-CEA017C76BD9.jpeg

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results