shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some honest feedback? RHR...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just looking for some honest opinions on this ring as a RHR. I found this cushion ring that just grabs my attention... I keep returning to look at it but sometimes I''m like, "It''s very glassy and fake looking" and then other times I just swoon at it''s uniqueness and classic beauty. I''m not 100% fond of the halo, but that can always be changed.

I recently sold pieces I haven''t been wearing and have been casually shopping for something that catches my eye. This is more than I wanted to spend, but there''s something so catching about it. I''m afraid of passing it up and then majorly regretting it.

First, the video of the ring. Linky: Video

Then the rest of the info: Halo Cushion at DBL

Is it just too much for an everyday RHR? Do you think the size in combination with the lack of traditional faceting make it out to be a fakey looking ring? Would you consider it a cocktail type ring? What was your initial impression? It''s so different that I''m not sure what to think...

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My initial impression was that it looked like a cocktail ring. Actually, it looked like a ring I bought for $15 dollars at Express a few years ago (minus the halo). Personally, I couldn''t see myself wearing it everyday. But you may be able to rock that style (pun intended!).
3.gif

Sorry if that''s not what you were hoping to hear.
5.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry-not a fan. I think that stone looks really glassy and thus a little fake.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:22:25 PM
Author: neatfreak

ditto. I usually love something a bit out of the ordinary and I''ve never seen "too much bling" in real life. I wear large haloed RHRs on a daily basis. But, this one screams fake to me. I see what you like about it, but I don''t think you could live with it for a long time.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well how bout the return period? if you can see IRL then it may or may not be what you are after. It might just be perfect for you or not. Sometimes its hard to tell on screen versus on your hand.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not loving it. It looks fake, I know it isn''t but it has that glassy look to it....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 9:22:25 PM
Author: neatfreak

agreed. and the description
20.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential -

i LOVE that ring. i thought long and hard about asking my husband to buy that for me for our 25th anniversary in september, but we went with a trip to australia instead.

i love the purple undertones, i love the setting, and i''m not at ALL put off my the glassy look; i''m a fan of rose cut diamonds, so the glow instead of sparkle doesn''t put me off at all.

i love it. absolutely.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I think you''d have to see it in person. If you really think you may regret letting it go, then confirm the return policy and try it out. I don''t love it from the pictures for the same reason as the above posters- it doesn''t look real to me and if I''m going to spend that kind of money, I''d want it to look real! I don''t think the photos of it are all that flattering but maybe it''s one of those rings that looks way better in real life?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s "too much" for every-day wear based on its size, but I agree with most other posters, it doesn''t look like a real diamond to me -- if I saw it, I would think it is a cocktail ring as well.

Which is fine -- just depends how much money you''re shelling out for the look.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I think its ok for what it is, a fun type cocktail type of ring. I would see it as a ring that is there to be seen (and enjoyed!).

However, I would not take it too seriously as a diamond ring because due to the cut of the centre diamond it doesnt look real. The window is what really throws the diamond look off and the word glass does come to mind.

But for the right price, and just for fun and to live life fully, why not!!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I would actually love to see that ring in person, David does have a return policy and is pleasant to work with-I''d say give it a go, you wouldn''t likely see a similar ring come around again too soon!!! If you do choose to purchase it, I would love love love to see pics of it :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You can tell the stone doesn''t fit the setting at all. If he was proud of the diamond, you''d think he would have had a setting made vs. just finding something that was "close enough"
20.gif

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
My first thought when I saw the hand-shot picture was that it looked like a piece of Chiclets Peppermint Gum
3.gif

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 10:06:13 PM
Author: somethingshiny

I see what you like about it, but I don''t think you could live with it for a long time.
I think you are very much on to something with this...

Thank you everyone for your responses. I actually agree with them... so please do not apologize for having a negative opinion about the ring. I agree it looks glassy--but so do lots of older cuts. I think some large emerald cuts even look glassy. For that reason I keep looking beyond the glassy part and see uniqueness in the ring but I think that what somethingshiny said above is true... I think I might get sick of it and want something more traditional.

A few of you said that for the right price it might be worth it... but it''s $14,000. When considering the carat weight, it''s pretty low cost, but in the big scheme, it''s not a just-for-fun ring.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 11:12:51 AM
Author: MissPrudential

I see what you like about it, but I don''t think you could live with it for a long time.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I actually agree with them... so please do not apologize for having a negative opinion about the ring. I agree it looks glassy--but so do lots of older cuts. I think some large emerald cuts even look glassy. For that reason I keep looking beyond the glassy part and see uniqueness in the ring but I think that what somethingshiny said above is true... I think I might get sick of it and want something more traditional.

A few of you said that for the right price it might be worth it... but it''s $14,000. When considering the carat weight, it''s pretty low cost, but in the big scheme, it''s not a just-for-fun ring.
I think you could get a very similar look with a large, clear-ish aqua (you know, the colour of maul aquas) and an LOTGR setting. I don''t think it''s worth the $14K price tag. $14K is too much to spend on something you have to question. If it made your heart sing, you wouldn''t be asking. You''d have pulled the trigger because it would have been worth that much to you.

I personally do not care for the ring.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Had it not said 3.05 Cushion right on top, I would have guessed it was a fake. Not an impressive diamond in my opinion.

You can do better
2.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i dont want to burst your bubble or offend your sense of style but i think that it looks like piece of glass. i like the halo, and the overall style of the ring, but hate that diamond.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock

There are about 50 million ways I would spend $14000 before I would buy that ring !!!
23.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:56:55 AM
Author: Sharon101

There are about 50 million ways I would spend $14000 before I would buy that ring !!!
23.gif
Ditto. Of course, I''m a believer that photographs don''t always tell the story, but 14K? Nope, I wouldn''t.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am completely underwhelmed. It''s just not "fantastic" and it really does look fake.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissPru, I''m not really a fan either. It looks really costume-y from the pic (didn''t watch the vid), and I think you can find something you love more for $14k.

Kudos to you, for posting a thread soliciting honest opinions and not only staying on track, but taking everyone''s .02 and not getting offended. This is a perfect example of a well-thought-out thread title and a poster who actually means what she says. Love it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is too glassy for me. I''m not seeing any fire or white light return either. The diamond just seem to sit in the setting doing nothing. Perhaps this is due to the stone being overly shallow (42%!!!). Even the side view showed a very flat stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results