shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get an opinion on this?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I got $5k to blow on a single project and I bought a diamond band that came in way under budget. My husband wouldn’t give me a free pass for for more projects and said I should have just spent more on the band. But jokes on him cause I can return the band.

So anyway this popped up on my radar. A little under $5k. The sapphire is 7.6 cts but there’s no indication of a report/ they’re not disclosing any treatments.

Wanted some opinions before on it. I won’t recut I promise.
EC5DCB5C-30F1-41B5-A49E-F8FE1DA07A8C.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if there’s a reason it’s tilted the way it is, for the photo. Like a window reduction, or to make it seem more symmetrical maybe?
aside from all the other standard, what actually is the color, treatment questions that you already know-
and assuming some things from the last sapphire-
it doesn’t seem to have a wonky outline shape - which I think is important to you
But if the eye visible inclusion(s) bothered you in the previous stone, if see what I think I am seeing, I’m not sure this one would be any better in that respect.

more pictures from the vendor is always good.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got $5k to blow on a single project and I bought a diamond band that came in way under budget. My husband wouldn’t give me a free pass for for more projects and said I should have just spent more on the band. But jokes on him cause I can return the band.

So anyway this popped up on my radar. A little under $5k. The sapphire is 7.6 cts but there’s no indication of a report/ they’re not disclosing any treatments.

Wanted some opinions before on it. I won’t recut I promise.
EC5DCB5C-30F1-41B5-A49E-F8FE1DA07A8C.jpeg

I really love what we can see

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do I need an account to see the listing/photos on that site? Or am I just TRR challenged?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
do I need an account to see the listing/photos on that site? Or am I just TRR challenged?
I was having issues too. Here are some screenshots. F79D0C63-7B2C-4DB0-A4B5-B3EAAB122D18.png 22A0BF1A-8328-4000-A47E-E22040F3FA21.png 81F6D635-D6BF-4073-ABBE-2F2A78A955EB.png

Attachments

• 334E655C-6256-4121-94CE-839C4F186079.png
    334E655C-6256-4121-94CE-839C4F186079.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 7
  • D521161A-52F1-4C21-9653-61F9AEFBA563.png
    D521161A-52F1-4C21-9653-61F9AEFBA563.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 9

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious what the actual WxL of the sapphire is.
that’s a size 7 ring, and the surface area it covers leaves me to think it might be deeper than it is length or width.?

it is hard to know what to say about this ring/stone without knowing what it is that you are looking for in a sapphire. I was a bit confused with the other stone you sold, I thought the end result was very near results of what you wanted addressed. But something changed?

it will be interesting to see it when you get it. Hope you like it, and we get to see lots of pictures. :)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’m curious what the actual WxL of the sapphire is.
that’s a size 7 ring, and the surface area it covers leaves me to think it might be deeper than it is length or width.?

it is hard to know what to say about this ring/stone without knowing what it is that you are looking for in a sapphire. I was a bit confused with the other stone you sold, I thought the end result was very near results of what you wanted addressed. But something changed?

it will be interesting to see it when you get it. Hope you like it, and we get to see lots of pictures. :)

No I still have it. Or well a jeweler has it. I was just going to use my last project allowance to set it. But I may change course if this pans out.
I honestly can’t pin point what it is I’m looking for (aside from big) but I thought this one was pretty. I would like to know if it’s a decent price all things currently known. I still haven’t figured out pricing so it’ll be returned if I’ve overpaid. Also - any indication on possible treatments/ what would be common in a stone like this? I’ve read some people will have ideas on possible treatment by looking at a stone but I’m lost here.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the profile, it might be an extremely deep stone. Any idea of the mm x mm dimensions? No way to tell treatment from those pics.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Looking at the profile, it might be an extremely deep stone. Any idea of the mm x mm dimensions? No way to tell treatment from those pics.

No not yet. TRR is holding off on sending it out to see if they can get that info from the dept that might know this info. I’m guessing that they have to have some kind of indication, right? How would they have put a value on it? The return period starts from when they ship so I figured getting whatever info I can first might be helpful.

I’ve contacted a local appraiser as well to see if they could tell me about treatments if I make an appointment & bring it in.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

My response is a little all over the place. I asked them for dimensions and if they know what treatments.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
F700CDFD-CBBA-479E-A5B9-DD672BD10D0C.jpeg Here’s my setting idea if anyone has opinions on that too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Any pics of the underside?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very simple and elegant. I really like the underside.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring but that is one deep sapphire.
It is probably deeper than it is long so lots of the carat weight is underneath. It will sit up high on the finger and if you’re considering resetting, you’ll have to take into account the stones depth.
Looks nice and clean, perhaps toning slightly to the grey. Should be very sparkly in the sunlight.
Most treatments can be IDed by standard testing ( ie normal heating, fracture filling) except for Beryllium diffusion treatment. This is not an “ visible / detectable” by standard methods. BE diffusion requires high heat, so if the internal inclusions have been fried (under microscope) then it’s wise to get a proper assessment to be sure.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you’re going to reset you might be better off buying a loose sapphire rather than paying extra $$$ for a setting you won’t use.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That sapphire looks pretty grey to me. Under that kind of lighting, it should look more saturated... and it doesn't.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I also agree that I think it would make more sense to pick the loose stone of your liking and then have it set. That stone looks like it's going to be extremely deep and it also does have a grey tone.

That said, it may be a color balance or preference you have. I tend to like stones that err violet.

I think that if you are looking for a non-silky large blue sapphire that makes a big impact something like this attached is pretty.

Screenshot_20210128-074517.png Screenshot_20210128-074528.png

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I’m cancelling the order. No sense in paying shipping both ways + paying some to look at it if it’s meh.

I also agree that I think it would make more sense to pick the loose stone of your liking and then have it set. That stone looks like it's going to be extremely deep and it also does have a grey tone.

That said, it may be a color balance or preference you have. I tend to like stones that err violet.

I think that if you are looking for a non-silky large blue sapphire that makes a big impact something like this attached is pretty.

Screenshot_20210128-074517.png Screenshot_20210128-074528.png

Do you know how much this is?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@winnietucker I don't. I follow them and they have a lot of nice vibrant looking stones though and some that are sleepy if you prefer. Not precision cut, as that's not super important to me, but generally, the Sri Lankan vendors are priced more favorably than stateside. Definitely check on return policy though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results