shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get an opinion on this listing?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

I intend to reset my round brilliant diamond into a graduated band (prob at the beginning of next year for my 5 year anni) and thought it’d be nice to set an emerald in the necklace setting for my baby sister. She’s 11 and that’s her birthstone. So while I do want nice and natural, I do not want top of the line or expensive. Thoughts on these? I saw the sale and was wondering if it was a good time to make moves.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can't even see what you're buying, can you? Or would you ask for photos of a specific one...?

I assume that they are heavily treated and, at that price point, it would not make sense to get a report. I typically would run from any listing that says "AAA quality" since these are not bonds and that designation is meaningless (kinda like counting the exclamation points in an eBay listing).

Assume it will have virtually no intrinsic value and you would be getting it because it's pretty. In this case, I think it's more like buying a bead or a "crystal" and not a gem.

Every gem online is "on sale" -- you just need to ask for it.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
You can't even see what you're buying, can you? Or would you ask for photos of a specific one...?

I assume that they are heavily treated and, at that price point, it would not make sense to get a report. I typically would run from any listing that says "AAA quality" since these are not bonds and that designation is meaningless (kinda like counting the exclamation points in an eBay listing).

Assume it will have virtually no intrinsic value and you would be getting it because it's pretty. In this case, I think it's more like buying a bead or a "crystal" and not a gem.

Every gem online is "on sale" -- you just need to ask for it.

Makes sense! I’ll pass on this then. Thanks!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it but they look worrying to me. Super clean which is not what id be expecting at that price point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results