shape
carat
color
clarity

can i buy one side of a patio door?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a part of my patio door has warped and i dont want to completely replace it, but id like to replace one side of it, is that possible? its the window part, not the door part.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just google a "window repair" or "glass" company.

If you find your hometown on Google maps, click search nearby and put in those terms, the companies will show up on the map WITH REVIEWS pulled from all over.

Or just use Yelp.

When calling, start by saying "patio door" because not all glass companies handle tempered glass.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel do you mean a french door type? Try to find a door installer in your area and ask if they do repairs because if it is wood they may be able to repair the portion that is warped.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1478806556|4096475 said:
Just google a "window repair" or "glass" company.

If you find your hometown on Google maps, click search nearby and put in those terms, the companies will show up on the map WITH REVIEWS pulled from all over.

Or just use Yelp.

When calling, start by saying "patio door" because not all glass companies handle tempered glass.

its a sliding glass door, ive attached a picture below to show you whats warped. its basically a wood piece that is sticking out, and now the door wont open.

i could replace the wood bit i guess, but Im not handy.

door.png

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Then you need "sliding glass door repair". There are companies that do only that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1478808071|4096501 said:
Then you need "sliding glass door repair". There are companies that do only that.

cool off to look, though most of what i can find is to repair the glass, which again, i dont need

P

PierreBear

Hi Niel! We have French doors that are naturally prone to being water damage. We ended up putting an awning over the doors to prevent further damage. Just wanted to throw that out there after you fix your patio door to perhaps prevent future issues. Good luck with the fix!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you could special order it or go with a glass company. A few years ago, one panel of glass on my french doors going to my patio started to fog between the double paneled glass. I was able to replace just the glass without replacing the door. Much less expensive than I thought it would be.

Just be sure that who you choose has a good reputation. Look at not only reviews (which can be fake) but also look at the better business website for complaints and ask around locally. Word if mouth is good. Even if you have a repair person you used for a different type of job, that might be a good place to start. Or ask others who you know have done home repairs.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not that I know of, but that is fixable as long as the frame and the rest of the door isn't all rotted out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results