shape
carat
color
clarity

Can engraving on a ring be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bling4Me

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I recently purchased an estate 14k white gold diamond and sapphire band. This piece has two names engraved on the inside of the shank and I am wondering if it is possible to have these names removed and the shank restored to a smooth finish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 3:20:53 PM
Author:Bling4Me
Hi,

I recently purchased an estate 14k white gold diamond and sapphire band. This piece has two names engraved on the inside of the shank and I am wondering if it is possible to have these names removed and the shank restored to a smooth finish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

Is it an eternity band?

I would think that the engraving could be removed-I know engraving and imprints get damaged & wiped out all of the time by sizing & repairs. I
Having the names (and possibly date) on the inside of your ring though definitely speaks to the fact that it is an estate piece- would you want to get rid of that?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They can be polished off.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
i would imagine you can fill it in with small amounts of 14k gold (solder), and then smooth it out.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
YES. My husband''s wedding band was sized about 6 months after we were married and we found the engraving was gone after sizing. We were pissed! So they reingraved it for free. But if they removed it by accident, I''m sure they can remove it on purpose.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
Find a jeweler that will burnish and polish out the inside if you wish to remove the engraving. Burnishing can be important if the engraving is deep. It removes no metal until the polishing begins.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results