shape
carat
color
clarity

Can Bill become Hill's running mate?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know the law on this totally unprecedented VP possibility?

Do you think she'd gain or lose votes if Bill ran as second fiddle?

Hill and Bill has a nice ring to it.

"Hill and Bill Will!" fits nicely on a pin ... that convinces half the Murkan voters. :roll:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go ordering those buttons yet... or if you do, hedge your bets by making it a small order. ;-)

From Wikipedia:

"There is a point of contention regarding the interpretation of the Twenty-second Amendment as it relates to the Twelfth Amendment, ratified in 1804, which provides that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States."

While it is clear that under the Twelfth Amendment the original constitutional qualifications of age, citizenship, and residency apply to both the President and Vice President, it is unclear whether a two-term president could later serve as Vice President. Some argue that the Twenty-second Amendment and Twelfth Amendment bar any two-term president from later serving as Vice President as well as from succeeding to the presidency from any point in the United States presidential line of succession.[17] Others contend that the Twelfth Amendment concerns qualification for service, while the Twenty-second Amendment concerns qualifications for election, and thus a former two-term president is still eligible to serve as vice president.[18][19] The practical applicability of this distinction has not been tested, as no former president has ever sought the vice presidency. During Hillary Clinton's 2016 candidacy, she said that she had considered naming Bill Clinton as her Vice President, but had been advised it would be unconstitutional.[20]"

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Aside from what VRBeauty posted about eligibility, I get the impression she would not WANT Bill as her VP!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1446594912|3945354 said:
Aside from what VRBeauty posted about eligibility, I get the impression she would not WANT Bill as her VP!

Bill seems fairly qualified.
He's probably just moping around the house now, getting in the way.
Name recognition matters a lot.

Sex might be better if Bill feels he also has some purpose in life.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Oh, I doubt he's moping around the house, I'm sure he finds plenty of women, I mean plenty of things, to do.... :lol: ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1446597413|3945376 said:
^Oh, I doubt he's moping around the house, I'm sure he finds plenty of women, I mean plenty of things, to do.... :lol: ;-)

He could find hotter babes if he was VP. :Up_to_something: :naughty:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, probably so :D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1446594912|3945354 said:
She will name Monica as her running mate... :wink2:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Bill not travel the world earning millions by public speaking? I hope she picks another woman, is there anyone likely (apart from Monica, of course.....)?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think he can, he's served two terms, correct? But I'd be ok with that. I thought he did a great job. I still want Bernie.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The main purpose of the vice president is to serve as president in case something were to happen to the president. So, if a two-term president became vice president, they wouldn't be able to perform the main reason of their job. Other than that and maybe serve as tie breaker, I'm not really sure what else a vice-president does... I don't think they would ever break that precedent, as many of our democratic rules such as term limits, no monarchy, are to prevent consolidation of power in a single or small group of people.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results