shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone identify the location in this picture?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked this up from the Habitat for Humanity store today. Originally I thought this was a picture of downtown Hartford CT but I’m not so sure. Thinking of hanging this in the living room but would love to know the location in case someone asks.

So I thought I would ask is anyone recognizes this location? There is nothing printed on the back or anything else that gives any clues. Thanks a million!

56AEE33D-6172-4459-80DB-6D41A35DC0C7.jpeg EA83D8D9-5067-44C2-9BF0-4B2FD80D53C4.jpeg 5F4A0136-07F7-45C5-A437-E60D7F65B2DA.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh maybe, thanks @VRBeauty! This is one of those “it would be nice to know” things but if I don’t find out obviously no biggie.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1, had I known this was NYC I would have asked you, I know you’re familiar ;-)

That is so cute @MollyMalone! Glad I could jog a good memory, we could all use more of those.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
How weird, I'm horrible with stuff like this but my gut instinct was central park in New York! I went to scroll down to write my guess but was shocked to find out I was right!! I'm bad with landmarks, geography, or having a sense of direction so this was cool!! Haha

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive never been there :(2
But i thought its so pretty
Maybe central park ? :lol:

But serously it could have just as easierly been Timbucktoo for all i know

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LemonMoonLex, you know the best part is I only paid $8 for this picture :)

I’ve been to Central Park only once but it was in spring and between the flowers and people there was a lot to take in.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex, you know the best part is I only paid $8 for this picture :)

I’ve been to Central Park only once but it was in spring and between the flowers and people there was a lot to take in.

Woop Woop! Thriftstore finder's & Garage-Sale Girls UNITE!

That dollar amount doesn't sound crazy low to me as my mom has been teaching me the thrill of the hunt since I was being held on her hip! Lol

I swear the stuff others pass up or just give away can be real treasure sometimes!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KUDOS,@YadaYadaYada -- the frame alone would cost you more than $8! I'm now wracking my brain, trawling through Google, flipping through my books about NYC, in an effort to figure out why the building in your second pic is topped by the large Biography sign; that could be a clue as to when the photograph was taken :read:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LemonMoonLex, I live for a good bargain! They also had two pictures done by Lionel Barrymore who is related to Drew Barrymore! Pretty sure they were prints for $30 each, they were nautical theme, pretty neat.

@MollyMalone, you can find some real treasures at the Habitat for Humanity stores and they are super reasonable, nice people too.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KUDOS,@YadaYadaYada -- the frame alone would cost you more than $8! I'm now wracking my brain, trawling through Google, flipping through my books about NYC, in an effort to figure out why the building in your second pic is topped by the large Biography sign; that could be a clue as to when the photograph was taken :read:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, THANK YOU :appl:

ETA: And duh, I now realize that I would have seen it had I first clicked on your link in post #2 (color me embarrassed :oops: )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of treasures at Habitat stores... A couple of years ago we were helping our daughter search for furniture as she would be getting married in a few months and they were planning on getting an apartment about a month before. I walked in our local Habitat store as I had done a few times since we started looking, and spotted some beautifully carved Chippendale dining chairs. I went over to one and looked for a label. They were made by Craftique which was based in NC for many years, and they made extremely high quality antique reproduction furniture (solid wood, hand carved, etc.). I uncovered the table and it was the matching table with the carved ball and claw feet! The price tag said $800 (which isn't quite as good as $8!), but that set would probably be 10 times that much today. It was in lovely condition since formal dining rooms don't get a lot of use these days. So brought it home, put it in my breakfast room, and gave the daughter the table and 6 chairs that I had in there. That will always be one of my most surprising and fortunate purchases!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome @diamondseeker2006, what a find, I love any furniture with ball and claw feet.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE all the bridges in Central Park! My daughter attended NYU so I was a regular NYC visitor, every couple months. Here are two favorites:
IMG_2283.jpg IMG_7747.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results