shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anybody tell me about this ring??

avenged610

Rough_Rock
057a86522d9119a311f6eb32ca6bc6ef.jpg

Hi guys. New to this forum. i really want to buy a ring like this. Can anybody eyeball and tell me some ballpark specs? Carat, etc.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is 5 cts+
Old cut pear at best si1, probably I or around there as it seems to have visible color.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I did a very rough guesstimate on my screen...if I say across the middle of the marquises (on the shank) is 3mm (on my screen
it measures to be about 10mm) and the pear measures roughly 42mm (on my screen) then it works out that the pear is about
12.6mm long which equates to about a 2.75 carat pear (of course pear lengths/widths vary widely and cant be determined from the
carat weight or vice versa). VERY ROUGH ESTIMATE...just in case I didnt make that clear.

Edit...so a better measurement (with better glasses) looks like the marquise would be about 8mm on my screen which makes the
stone about 15.75 mm long which does make it about 5 carats. Anyway...so I'm narrowing it down to somewhere between
3 to 5 carats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best idea is to decide on a budget, and then stones can be selected that fit that budget. That is a beautiful ring! Are you wanting to make it for yourself?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi- I'm bad at sizing up photos but I'm a whiz at google! Just did an image search and found who I think is the original poster of the image, flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondestatetrust/9667654967/ for jeweler Anup Jogani / Jogani Beverly Hills. Looks easy to find contact info/instagram online. Maybe they could help with details?

The description says
Almost five carats of #delicious #edwardian #engagement #ring. #platinum #handmade #1900 #jewelry. The #diamond is an #old #pear and just makes for an #amazing #vintage #jewel. #love.

Good luck with your info hunt, I think it's quite a pretty ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results